When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Excited and disappointed at the same time

matzaman

Hey all,

I finally received my much sought out Pam 441 from puretime yesterday. Mind you the qc pics were fine. But unfortunately after open in the package the second hand isn't attached and is rolling around in the case. I have an email into PT but what good options do I have? I suppose I could send it back and risk losing it for months or forever. Can I demand a replacement before I return this one? Is it a simple fix for a watchmaker? Thanks as always.

post-47164-0-02993700-1386070494_thumb.j

You won't get a replacement for just a loose second hand. The good news is that it's one of the easiest things to remedy. It's a 10 minute fix for a watchmaker or any hobbyist really. I would consider shipping to someone local to you before you go through the trouble of shipping back to your TD. I do fixes like that own my own so I'm not 100% sure what someone would charge you but I would find it hard to believe it would cost anymore than $25

+10000 you wouldnt expect to send that back mate and no dealer will send out a watch to replace before they recieve yours back plus they wouldnt swap yours they would just fix it and send it back to you.. :)

You might want to research yourself in the 'How To;s' just to see how easy it is with the minimal of tools.... ie if you have a screwdriver to change a PAM strap then you have really the main tool you need..the rest you will find round the house :)

But have a look and see what you think about trying.. you can PM me if you want me to talk you through it :)

If not you might find a local watchsmith who will do it...or you may find a member close to you that might do it for a few bob.... you can ask around here

If you send away to a watchsmith then please wait till after Xmas unless he is in the same country.. and quality of your country's postal service is decent  ;)

Now I know I don't have the balls to do that!

I am not trying to push into trying mate....but I would still recommend you look at the HowTos etc...so when you are dealing with watchsmiths etc you will know what is involved and time it should take and most importantly the value of the work relative to what the guy might want to charge you... and if you get into a conversation he will know you have some idea even if you wouldnt do it yourself :)

Also if something similar happens again you will be more savy about whether it is a serious issue or not and in tun know how to deal with getting matter resolved and likely cost etc .. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Have you heard from PT?

I am surprised by the "this does not warrant sending back/replacing".  Has the second caused any damage to the dial by sliding around for however long it bounced around in there?

True- you would need to send it back first, then have the replacement either with a new dial & hand pressed on etc.

As long as that fits and grips the back that's fine, its the same one I have. It unscrews in the normal direction

Remove strap, Hold watch face in one hand, place that on the back and twist gently until it clicks into place, then unscrew firmly, should not be a problem

If your watch guy cant get the back off a Pam, then he isn't a watch guy