When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interested in RO Jumbo

jetlau3

Hi and welcome around. If You like the Jumbo, I do, You don´t need to think too much, go ahead and buy it.

Can anyone show me links where I can purchase one? - Go to the trusted dealer section here on the forum and choose 3 dealers (any will do because all are trusted); Check their pages on prices and shipping possibilities and reduce Your selection to one; Pay and wait; and wait more :g: ... start reading about the watch... and wait, after You get it :clap2:  compare it to other versions here on the forum and compare it with pictures of the gen, take pictures and post them here on the forum for us to see and admire;

What is the best version available and how does it differ from gen? - proceed as usual, the cheapest vs. is probably crap, the medium priced is medium, the most expensive one is the best version available B)  and with shipping will cost You near 600 USD, this is a direct answer to Your question. The main difference from gen is a standardized, machined, possibly dirty and unoiled movement which costs 15.000 USD less than the genuine manufactured perfection with the best available materials; a very nice video how the original is made is here: http://www.thewatchquote.com/Audemars-Piguet-No_7291.htm; Other differences to gen are: quality of lume, choice of materials, choice of machinery, quality of assembly and the rep. is made in a china warehouse by underpaid Chinese workers, not in le Brassus. This may or may not translate in falling off screws, unaligned markers, wrongly placed rubbers, missing rubbers, harshly working stem. Normally You can easily improve the rep with a small screwdriver and some professional grease. If You are lucky You will get a very good rep. Last but not least: the rep is not waterproof :snorkel: unless You waterproof it; 

Thanks in advance for your help. I do hope this was of some help and that You will get a nice sample, just go ahead and buy it, You will love it and with some luck the flaws are so minor You don´t need to worry about. :yeah: