When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken PB DSSD Photo Review!

sam1977

I found this Forum a few months back, and have really enjoyed reading, and leaning many things about so many different watches. I have been an avid collector, and dealer of Gen watches for years, but I have learned more in the last few months on this forum than the last 2 years dealing with Gens. I have also met a few friends along the way.

My quest for a Franken DSSD started this summer when I ran across Blue Rocket's PB Franken DSSD Thread. I had no idea who Pbdad was at that time, but I knew I would be sending a watch to him to receive the Gen Bezel Assembly & Dial makeover.

A few days after reading about Blue Rocket's watch, I ran across a BK DSSD in the sales section here on this forum. I didnt even haggle over the price, I just bought it as fast as I could. I had seen a few pop up that were literally "gone in 60 seconds" so I knew I had to act fast!

I sent the watch to PB in October with the intentions of having him work on the AR, Dial, Movement, and WR while I was sourcing a Gen Bezel Assembly. In early November I found a Gen Bezel Assembly, and sent it overnight to PB. The rest is history...

I am in the process of sourcing a Gen Bracelet and Clasp for the watch. IMO, this watch deserves so much more than the Rep Bracelet. Construction-wise its fine, but it has many tells - Cornette on the clasp, Link Screws, SEL Fitment, etc.

In the mean time, I purchased a black Rubber B Strap. I have grown to love Rubber Straps on my AP's, and Pam's so I figured, Why not on a Rolex? The fit and feel are amazing, and it looks pretty good too!

Thanks for reading, now on to the pics!

DSSD5_zpsa3a23cbf.jpg

Gen DSSD I recently Sold (For Comparison)

20130926_222229_LLS_resized_zps95f83de6.

Back to the Franken:

DSSD1_zps34f50e3a.jpg

DSSD3_zps1785e2f7.jpg

DSSD4_zpsf1364fb8.jpg

DSSD6_zps8a65fedc.jpg

DSSD7_zpsc2074f72.jpg

DSSD2_zps173a07c1.jpg

Amazing Gen-LIke Lume - Look how well he matches the color of the Gen Pearl Lume!

20130926_205045_resized_zps0c2aa3ac.jpg

Thanks for Looking!

• Like 1

Stunning watch, I have been looking for a gen bracelet all my life but have never found one :(

I've had bk s dssd and bp dssds, I bloody love these watches

Yours looks amazing with gen bezel please keep me In mind if you ever wish to sell it :)

Why would I need a Gen Crystal? This one looks great imo. You think different?

Clarity is improved from the rep crystal. Not a huge deal, like the cherry on top.  Have you tried to source a newer noob clasp?  Ryan from intime or another TD may be able to source something nice for a fair price until you can source the gen clasp. 

Again, great watch.  Nothing beats the gen bezels!  Wear it in good health

Thanks! Got the bezel from a jeweler who builds custom diamond bezels on watches. He made a diamond bezel for a dssd and happened to have the original bezel assembly still. Cost for the bezel, install, plus other work done to the watch was roughly $1250.00 Plus I paid 700 for the watch and gen dssd box set with booklets. So I am roughly 2k in at this point. Not bad considering no one will ever be able to tell it's a rep. Plus with a sw200 movement this watch should last forever, and be serviceable should it ever stop working. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

im obsessed with cg on dssd subs and sd.so i notice things mote than others
I know you do. I have seen some of your posts regarding the crown gards on a v2 noob sub. It's not a bad thing, our hobby needs guys with eagle eyes and X ray vision like you! :lol: Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2