When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken PB DSSD Photo Review!

sam1977

Thanks! Got the bezel from a jeweler who builds custom diamond bezels on watches. He made a diamond bezel for a dssd and happened to have the original bezel assembly still. Cost for the bezel, install, plus other work done to the watch was roughly $1250.00 Plus I paid 700 for the watch and gen dssd box set with booklets. So I am roughly 2k in at this point. Not bad considering no one will ever be able to tell it's a rep. Plus with a sw200 movement this watch should last forever, and be serviceable should it ever stop working. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Yes not a bad investment considering the gen is roughly $10,000

I took a close look at the dial, and it is well printed I am impressed, wow ! The DW seems correct to me. Hope you'll find a gen bracelet and glidlock, then no one will be able to determine if it is a rep or not. (If you had to this watch a Yuki 3135 movement, which is a calibre 3135 copied 1:1 not like some SA3135 or A3135 that pureti.me sells. This movement accept gen parts. Anyway it will be the perfect replica !!! ) Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Did you ever find that gen bracelet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Found a gen glidelock clasp, but still looking for the bracelet. I have two different bracelets, but none of the endlinks fit right so for now I will keep it on the rubber be until I can either source a complete gen bracelet, or rep bracelet with enlinks that fit well.

Making a franken dssd is rather exp and difficult.

Bezel assembly approx 1.2k

Bracelet and clasp 1.2k

Crown 200-300 as is rare

Dial 500?

Crystal 400? But damn hard to find.

Add that up and its abt 3.5k++ and labor which could end up abt 5k easily. Not including the 3135 which was abt 2.2k. While a gen v or m dssd could go for about 8k+. Might as well buy a gen at that point. The rep to gen price ratio is too close at that point

Sent from my iP**** using Tapatalk

Well folex it depends on how far your willing to go. I've got $1500 or so in my DSSD. I dont think dial, crystal, or crown is necessary. Mainly the bezel insert was always the dead giveaway. I've got gen polish job and PB DAD works with gen insert and luv it! Very passable next to gen. 

• Like 1