When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help identifying datejust reference number

deltatahoe

so occasionally i will click through emails from the likes of urbandaddy or gilt to see what vintage watches are being curated out of curiosity; in doing so i happened across a vintage datejust with a striking white dial that i really liked (i've never been much of a datejust fan to be honest); i think it has a very cartier-esque feel to it.  anyways, can anyone identify the reference number for this dial version (so i can search VRF or timezone to find one)?

5ls8.png

btw, happy holidays to all the old timers -- been too busy to spend much time on RWG the last couple years, but my passion for watches hasn't waned.

thanks in advance :victory:

deltatahoe

I looked thru ebay and it looks like it could be a 1600, 1601 or a 1603. Most likely it's a 1601 because that's what there was the most of. I guess all you can do is look at the model number between the lugs.

I agree about it being too high priced- $2000-2500 is retail, $1500 would be wholesale.

I am almost sure this model is a 1603 with some possibilities for a 16013 (13 being two tone code)

You can research pretty easy for example here "chrono24-dot-com"

2xa5.png

pdhp.png

I had seen these roman dials before somewhere. Personally roman indices are not my taste, but agree they look very stylish.

Some months ago I got offered this gen, that is (if I remember right) 1603:

zag1.png

Best of luck, I know how hard it can be to find the right model!

• 3 weeks later...