When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this collection genuine?

dommysam

Just been reading a thread on another forum and this guy is showing off a huge collection of "genuine" watches. I'd be interested to know whether you guys can spot any reps. I don't know the watches well enough, the only thing I can say is the AR is appalling on most of them!

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=92273&page=5

Is he a lottery winner?!

Just "smells" like lottery winner.. I really don`t know.. He might be wealthy by other means or might even be a celebrity "undercover"

Just been reading a thread on another forum and this guy is showing off a huge collection of "genuine" watches. I'd be interested to know whether you guys can spot any reps. I don't know the watches well enough, the only thing I can say is the AR is appalling on most of them! http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=92273&page=5
Questioning someone on a collection and then making a statement of appalling AR when in fact you are ignorant to a brand that has never used AR ? You must not get out much. Did you know there are 10's of thousands of millionaires in this world ? I lived in Vegas for 5 years and could literally throw a handful of sand in the air and each grain would strike a millionaire. Envy. What a terrible attribute.

You total [censored]!

I said quite clearly I don't know about these watches and just wondered if they were actually genuine as what struck me was the lack of AR.

If Rolex don't use AR then that explains it.

What a completely over the top response from you. Christ, stick a tampon in.

You total [censored]!

I said quite clearly I don't know about these watches and just wondered if they were actually genuine as what struck me was the lack of AR.

If Rolex don't use AR then that explains it.

What a completely over the top response from you. Christ, stick a tampon in.

Just don't PULL-THE-STRING

:clap2:

• Like 1

You total [censored]! I said quite clearly I don't know about these watches and just wondered if they were actually genuine as what struck me was the lack of AR. If Rolex don't use AR then that explains it. What a completely over the top response from you. Christ, stick a tampon in.
Welcome to the real world. Mommy and Daddy probably lead you to believe everyone will say hello, open doors for you and that there are strippers with hearts of gold. Most importantly, they obviously didn't teach you any grammar. Man up and stop being a Girl.
  • Like 1

Guy doesn´t need to be a millionaire, just a normal guy, likes Rolex and never heard of reps....or other brands..... 

Than its simple maths:

A.) got a used merc or bimmer instead of new - bought the watches. Better yet: has no driving license or car: buys watches;

B.) Poor guy got into a nasty divorce, wife took the house, the car and 1/2 the money - Guy thought: if its that easy to spend such a lot of money no prob to buy some Rolex from whats left....; Better yet: never married...

C.) guy was selfish: sent kid to public school instead of private, bought 1 watch per Year; Version 2: no kids....

D.) guy is a professional, grey market Rolex 2nd hand dealer....

E.) .......

Guy doesn´t need to be a millionaire, just a normal guy, likes Rolex and never heard of reps....or other brands.....

Than its simple maths:

A.) got a used merc or bimmer instead of new - bought the watches. Better yet: has no driving license or car: buys watches;

B.) Poor guy got into a nasty divorce, wife took the house, the car and 1/2 the money - Guy thought: if its that easy to spend such a lot of money no prob to buy some Rolex from whats left....; Better yet: never married...

C.) guy was selfish: sent kid to public school instead of private, bought 1 watch per Year; Version 2: no kids....

D.) guy is a professional, grey market Rolex 2nd hand dealer....

E.) .......

E.) He's a genuine pimp, been pimpin' for many years with lots of b*tches in the stable.

F.) He's a true hustla selling grade A snorting powder.

• Like 1

I don't even think it's a very big collection. If you spend some time in the High-end section on WUS,...... pffff. Then you will see/notice some impressive collections.
ahydabuz.jpg Let me steal a collection pic from a renowned Chinese watch forum to demonstrate bidle's point ;)
  • Like 1

There are some staggering collections out there. Here are some photos that represent tiny fractions of these guys' overall collections:

rolex_collection.jpg

There's a million dollars there. Check the JCK.

drsd_collection.jpg

All the "Marks" of the DRSD in one place.

comex_collection.jpg

All the gorgeous COMEX divers in one place.

And now for THE collection, here are photos of what Mike Wood has put together.

rpr_Rolex_MikeWood_Oystercollection.jpg

rpr_PC-Mike-Wood-987.jpg

rpr_tumblr_lt5atoxRYw1qaxznso1_1280.jpg

rpr_Rolex21.jpg

rpr_mikewood-1.jpg

rpr_1031.jpg

And finally...

rpr_rolexkoffer3bf5.jpg

If I had that collection of Mike Woods I'd be wondering "Why?".

Unless he's done 90% of it as an investment, there seem to be easily 10+ of any particular watch (by which I mean the same model and combo of strap bezel, etc)

If he has found & bought (e.g.) a watch that he loves, and then found and bought 9 more as an investment, I can understand that, but I don't understand someone having multiple identical items purely from a collectors point of view.

Note that I don't think he's daft, odd, stupid or anything else, I just don't understand his reasoning for the collection (and anything I don't understand i'm always curious to try to see it from their point of view)

If I had that collection of Mike Woods I'd be wondering "Why?". Unless he's done 90% of it as an investment, there seem to be easily 10+ of any particular watch (by which I mean the same model and combo of strap bezel, etc) If he has found & bought (e.g.) a watch that he loves, and then found and bought 9 more as an investment, I can understand that, but I don't understand someone having multiple identical items purely from a collectors point of view. Note that I don't think he's daft, odd, stupid or anything else, I just don't understand his reasoning for the collection (and anything I don't understand i'm always curious to try to see it from their point of view)
If this guy bought enough identical + rare watches, he can manipulate the price on this particular watch and flick them one by one. My 2c

• 2 months later...