When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

quick set or slow set?

umairarif

On a slowset you set the date by rotating the hours hand through two full 12 hour rotations. On a quickset you can change the date with the crown via it's own detent. A slowset (piepan) dial doesn't have dial feet but quicksets do. I believe cases for both 160x series and 160xx and 162xx will fit both movements. The 162xx uses a different crown/tube combo. It uses the newer 5.3/6mm crown.

but i think we are talking about 16xxs and 16xxxs?? or these are numbers for watches not the movements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3035 is the quickset movement that beats at 28000 BPH. The 15xx series of movements is a lowbeat, slowset movement. 16xx and 16xxx wer series of watches that used those movements.

They were all 36mm in size. The Datejust 2 is 41mm but is a different ref number. They have an extra 1 in the ref, ie 116233.

The 162xx series were quickset with a sapphire crystal I believe. The 160x, 160xx, and 162xx were all 36mm and dimensionally, the cases are all pretty close with slight differences in lug shape.