When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Portuguese Yacht Club

martijnp

Yes it exists. But it is not very good... Lots of flaws.

http://v.yupoo.com/photos/mrwatch/albums/6012115/

Thanks! Like you already said it's unfortunately not a good rep  

And what was on your wrist when you noticed the yacht club? Gen or rep? Did you ask to take a closer look, or not as you didn't want to cause attention to what you were wearing? I often have that problem and was wondering if others have that "issue"

I was wearing my PAM111 noob version. It's a very good looking rep and it's close to genuine. Of course I said something about his IWC, he showed the watch to me and it's just a stunning watch :D

If I had my IWC 3714 on my wrist, I didn't wanted to show him the 3714 because mine isn't a very good rep but with my PAM111 I felt comfortable to speak about watches ;)

And what was on your wrist when you noticed the yacht club? Gen or rep? Did you ask to take a closer look, or not as you didn't want to cause attention to what you were wearing? I often have that problem and was wondering if others have that "issue"
I like this question as it's something I think about quite a bit. Personally I tend to avoid reps that can be spotted on the wrist, have poor finish, poor AR, wrong weight etc. I also tend to avoid Rolex (a fake Rolex seems more criminal to me for some reason) and watches that cost more than $10k. I have a small circle of watch enthusiast friends at the office who are in the know. At the time I thought it was a good idea to share the fun but now I wish I had kept my secret. To the OP: Good eye on that IWC PYC - I hadn't seen that before. Sharp dial and handsome chrono pushers for sure. Even the rubber looks sharp.

• 1 month later...