When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Officine Autodromo Prototipo Watches

StormTooper4

Not sure if this should be here but , I have always lusted after a decent rep or  possibly even gen Autavia though they have escalated to humongous amounts of $$$ these days .

Have always liked this Blue on White version 

13Aut1163TChronomaticAMH.jpg

So I got a little excited when i saw this homage wristie

bf37de9e6a5511e3b69f125589bd0df1_8.jpg

Turns out to be some mechanical quartz job from these guys  http://www.autodromo.com/

Good looking watches , what do you guys think?

audodromo-prototipo-watch-xl.jpg

I had my eye on them for a while now. Love the blue one but the limited 224 looks good too. Waiting to after Christmas and I will be buying one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Great to hear can you give us a bit of a write up if you get one. Be keen to hear about this smooth quartz second hand

• Like 1

I know but Im sold on the  looks 

Powered by an innovative Seiko hybrid meca-quartz movement, the Prototipo features a sweep second hand and instant chronograph reset thanks to internal mechanical linkages shared with Seiko's in-house automatic movements.

Prototipo delivers the reliability and precision of a quartz watch, with the crisp pusher feel and visual delight of a mechanical chronograph.

Does any one know what this is like ? Japan Made Seiko VK64 Chronograph Hybrid Meca-Quartz Movement

KEY FACTS

1. The chronograph part of the VK mechanism requires more than 20 single parts, exactly like traditional mechanical chronographs such as the ETA 7750.
2. Instead of using an extra step motor for each hand axle, all the chronograph hands on the VK are connected through a traditional gear train that only requires 1 step motor.
3. The chronograph keeps showing 1/5th of a second as long as it is kept running (up to 20 or 60 minutes based on the version). Past the first 3 minutes, most quartz chronographs only display fractions upon request.
4. The VK allows time setting while keeping the chronograph running. On most quartz chronographs, the measurement is simply cancelled when the crown is pulled out to set the time.
5. The VK does not require any additional battery power to reset the hands. A multi-headed lever based on Seiko’s high-end traditional chronographs uses the motion of the pusher to reset the system.
594346d1325765870-new-meca-quartz-chrono