When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A new Planet Ocean from Andrew

Guest vectrex

Guest vectrex

I finally today recieved my Planet Ocean from Andrew (12 days from Malaysia to U.S). It is truly an amazing replica, I was completly stunned when I had unpacked it. However, I belive there is something wrong with the clasp. It wont "click" when I try to close it. After some closer examination my guess is that there should be some sort of pin on the clasp that hooks into the hole, if so I didn't got one (the pin). I took some fast pictures of it for you guys to help me see if there is something wrong with it or am I just beeing stupid?

Please help a newbie with his first replica watch ever!

post-1044-1143515351_thumb.jpg

post-1044-1143515365_thumb.jpg

post-1044-1143515622_thumb.jpg

Edited by vectrex

I finally today recieved my Planet Ocean from Andrew (12 days from Malaysia to U.S). It is truly an amazing replica, I was completly stunned when I had unpacked it. However, I belive there is something wrong with the clasp. It wont "click" when I try to close it. After some closer examination my guess is that there should be some sort of pin on the clasp that hooks into the hole, if so I didn't got one (the pin). I took some fast pictures of it for you guys to help me see if there is something wrong with it or am I just beeing stupid?

Please help a newbie with his first replica watch ever!

I think a part of the clasp is missing..a thing that holds the clasp closed tight...you should tell Andrew about this..

Edited by nardis

Yup! The 'mushroom' that gets held between the lugs of the clasp spring is missing. You can see this clearly from the pictures - the hole is where the rivet would have gone through to hold the mushroom in place.

This was a not uncommon problem with other Semaster reps. The good news with them is that OEM/genuine clasp parts fit those reps. If you are lucky the same will be true of the PO, and it is a worthwhile upgrade as it'll avoid you losing the watch off your wrist completely.

The piece you are missing is visible in the foreground of this pic...

13674-3829.jpg

Edited by r11co

Guest vectrex
Yup! The 'mushroom' that gets held between the lugs of the clasp spring is missing. You can see this clearly from the pictures - the hole is where the rivet would have gone through to hold the mushroom in place.

This was a not uncommon problem with other Semaster reps. The good news with them is that OEM/genuine clasp parts fit those reps. If you are lucky the same will be true of the PO, and it is a worthwhile upgrade as it'll avoid you losing the watch off your wrist completely.

The piece you are missing is visible in the foreground of this pic...

13700-3827.jpg

Ok, just as I thought then. The problem is now, where do I get a genuine part? I understand that this little piece cannot be that expensive, but how do I get it? I can't just go to an AD and ask them to put it there, or can I?

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to get just that part on its own as it should be attached to the clasp. First thing is check to see if it is still in with the packaging for the watch. If so you might be able to get a jeweller to weld it back on.

If not then you will have to buy a complete clasp. There are OEM ones on ebay all the time. Unfortunately they are 'generic' ie. will not carry the Omega branding, but you can dismantle it and use the parts to repair your existing rep on.

Alternatively you can source a complete new clasp from Cousins (UK) or OFrei (US), but that will be expensive.

Best option is give Andrew a shout - he should rectify this as the watch arrived in this condition. Sending out a new rep clasp would be the easiest option for him I imagine.

Guest vectrex
Unfortunately you are not going to be able to get just that part on its own as it should be attached to the clasp. First thing is check to see if it is still in with the packaging for the watch. If so you might be able to get a jeweller to weld it back on.

If not then you will have to buy a complete clasp. There are OEM ones on ebay all the time. Unfortunately they are 'generic' ie. will not carry the Omega branding, but you can dismantle it and use the parts to repair your existing rep on.

Alternatively you can source a complete new clasp from Cousins (UK) or OFrei (US), but that will be expensive.

Best option is give Andrew a shout - he should rectify this as the watch arrived in this condition. Sending out a new rep clasp would be the easiest option for him I imagine.

Trust me! I looked through the packaging very throughly, it's not there. I hope Andrew will fix this for me then. I believe he will.