When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken PO 42mm Project Advice please!

Gamma

Very nice sir. Is it a simple upgrade? H3 is shorter than h4?

Very nice. Easy to do I imagine? H4 is the ideal option?

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yes, H3 is shorter than H4.

I think H4 looks exactly like gen IMO but others will have a better idea if H3 is better.

6u8ujuda.jpg

You miss the point, H3 is obviously lower than H4, however a 2892-2 and a gen Omega 2500 movement has a lower stem height than a 2824-2 or 2836-2

If you use 2824-2 or 2836-2 then you will be ok without the additional dial spacer, however if you want a Super Franken and use the 2892 or 2500 omega gen movement you will still need an additional dial spacer to get the stem to align with the existing case tube.

The additional mod to get the gen case tube and crow to fit is not easy to do unless you have the correct tooling. Same goes for gen (functional) He valve

Great dialogue going on here and good info for all.

Yes, H3 is shorter than H4.

I think H4 looks exactly like gen IMO but others will have a better idea if H3 is better.

Thanks!

Take a look at this thread from RWI, this is a far better option for your tube and crown fitting.

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=182364

Thanks Adrian - 

You miss the point, H3 is obviously lower than H4, however a 2892-2 and a gen Omega 2500 movement has a lower stem height than a 2824-2 or 2836-2

If you use 2824-2 or 2836-2 then you will be ok without the additional dial spacer, however if you want a Super Franken and use the 2892 or 2500 omega gen movement you will still need an additional dial spacer to get the stem to align with the existing case tube.

The additional mod to get the gen case tube and crow to fit is not easy to do unless you have the correct tooling. Same goes for gen (functional) He valve

So, a H3 or H4 is fine on the 2824/6 movement. H4 being higher and more accurate?

Yes, it looks like such a challenge to do! *sigh

2824-2 without dial spacer ??, wow bet your date change is a little stiff !!. I can only comment on swiss eta 2892 and H3 pinions are definitely high enough and appear correct when fitted. H4 look too high on a 2892, so had to change back to H3.

• 3 weeks later...

2824-2 without dial spacer ??, wow bet your date change is a little stiff !!. I can only comment on swiss eta 2892 and H3 pinions are definitely high enough and appear correct when fitted. H4 look too high on a 2892, so had to change back to H3.

Nope, the date change is perfect. There is obviously no DWO or anything like that so the date wheel sits perfectly below the dial with no spacer without rubbing. I actually tried it with a dial spacer and it left too big a gap between the date disk and dial.

Never got to the part of trying to insert the crown and stem with the dial spacer so not sure if the dial spacer would of affected the height of the movement enough to prevent the stem from inserting.

Not sure if H3 or H4 is closer to gen. I went H4 because TC offers them already installed. $125 and about three days and you're ready to go. With that said, I think it looks perfect.

• Like 1

Phew, tube installed and stem cut to fit. I swear the crown isn't sitting as flat as it should. That is, against the case. But it could just be my perception.

NEED to do this cannon pinion. I can't believe it bothers me so much!

5emudumy.jpg

epydaba4.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk