When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

coffee machines !

whoever

-----------------

A small tip for you!

When you make the coffee, leave 1mm of water in the bottom of the boiler/bulb/can. So that the first coffee you get out of it does not burn on the bottom.

Believe me... It makes a difference Whoever ;) Try it!

-----------------

A small tip for you!

When you make the coffee, leave 1mm of water in the bottom of the boiler/bulb/can. So that the first coffee you get out of it does not burn on the bottom.

Believe me... It makes a difference Whoever ;) Try it!

am trying this right now. Thanks for the tip! But i wonder, isn't this exactly why technivorm made two levels of heat? 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it's pretty good.  More importantly, it's incredibly fast and easy.  It makes something akin to espresso-strength, so I usually water it down a tad.

It's definitely worth picking one up.  They're cheap enough.

The best cup of coffee I've ever had comes from a vacuum pot like the Bodum Santos, but using it is a pain in the neck.

Jesus guys! 2000$!!!!! That is a hell of a lot money!! :-D

I guess for that kind of bucks i prefer going to south east asia for 3 weeks and rent a motorbike for a nice cruise through the plaines....

(Yeeaaaah I'm a rebel!) ;-)

There's no mutual exclusive choice here

Plus I drink coffee everyday and serve my family and friends.

Priceless I say.

Edited by nlnlnlnene

There's no mutual exclusive choice here

Plus I drink coffee everyday and serve my family and friends.

Priceless I say.

what's your setup???

I've got the Giotto Evolutione and a Vario.  The only upgrade I might do is to get a Mazzer, but most likely not as the Vario has impressed me more than expectations of this machine.

Good machines do offer piece of mind, but the coffee used is also essential. I find that too dark a roast on the Bialetti brings out too much of a metallic taste if using tap water. At least in the NY area I live. The Percolator is just more practical for me, because ODDLY enough, I am the only one that drinks coffee in the house.

I need my liquid crack in the morning!

E

There are several different Bialetti's available, but I only have the Moka.  Some other models of Bialettisbring out the crema much better so I'm told.   

I've used espresso single original beans in the Bialetti and have only gone through a couple of pounds so far on it. We've got some pretty soft water here in our neck of the woods, but I always use double filtered water in any event. Never experienced any metallic taste.  Had some really bright tasting espresso with some beans which I thought were "premium" one week old beans, but other than that, no metallic tastes.

• 4 weeks later...

Ya grinders are important for consistently good espresso.

I've got a simple Nespresso machine with milk frother at work. I've got to say it does do quite a good job. And some of the Nespresso roasts are excellent, such as the #10 Ristretto.

But for home I've got my eye on either a La Spazialle or Quick Mill. I want 20 amp dual boiler. The Quick Mill is a good looking machine:

DB995-2.gif

Haven't decided yet on a grinder. It's amazing how much one "needs" to invest to get something acceptable that is going to last as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by chieftang
  • Like 2

fuggetabout the gs3. That paddle lever machine is way overpriced. I'd just as well settle for the R58. besides, isn't the gs3 only offered in a plumb in model?

double boiler pid? go for breville 920. hah hhah (actually the 920 is pretty good, despite the name)

Are you speaking from experience?

I just can't get over the modern look of the gs3. So sexy...

• 1 month later...