When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New, please help!

Kmchambers12341

I've been reading in this forum for weeks and I have read a lot of positive things about Josh from p-cls.com, placed my first order, paid and I was just sent pics of a watch which doesn't look like the one I ordered... Am I being too picky? Please be honest. I wanted a good Rose Gold watch,38 to 40mm, but am open to suggestions. I am a female, but like bigger watches. Here are the pics I was sent, thoughts?!?? It looks yellow gold to me, which I know I don't want. Thank you guys!

post-60438-0-63173200-1388598450_thumb.j

post-60438-0-32776400-1388598463_thumb.j

post-60438-0-69783700-1388598483_thumb.j

post-60438-0-91189000-1388598492_thumb.j

post-60438-0-15802800-1388598504_thumb.j

post-60438-0-55635700-1388598514_thumb.j

To be brutally honest you are better sticking with stainless steel The plating on reps is not always the best and small scratches can often lead to an expensive paperweight As you say you are female, why not try a simple men's submariner They look very good on ladies too

Indeed, better stay away from gold plating. Also often after some time there could be changing/fading/darkening of the gold color. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As others have said, best to stick with steel & lose the 'gems'. On a woman, if you go with a gen (genuine) watch, the gold is solid, the gems are real & the quality is Rolex. (I do not like jewels on anyone's watch, but many woman prefer them.) But, on reps, the 'gold', regardless of the seller's sales hyperbole, is flashed (and thinly) with odd tints, the 'gems' look like glass (because they often are) or cheap CZ & there is little or no quality control. So, often with weeks or a few months, the gold rubs off, leaving the underlying steel showing through, the gems break or fall out..............well, you get the idea. As most learn early on, if you want to wear a convincingly real Rolex, either get a gen or stick with plain, all-steel models with as few features as possible. Something like a steel lady's Datejust would be smashing & much less likely to be identified as a rep. Josh is 1 of the better dealers & he offers alot of nice reps. But I would encourage you to read Toad's Newbie guide, which is pinned atop the Intro forum, before clicking the buy button for any rep.

I agree wholeheartedly with the folks above. if you buy a gold plated rep that will be worn infrequently, you will probably be OK, but for and everyday wearer, I would stick to S/S. And like Freddy said, the "diamonds" on reps are pretty low quality CZ's at best. They might look pretty good when you unwrap the watch, but over time they will degrade and turn milky. If you want a gold watch with diamonds, I would start saving up my money and try to find a nice gently used genuine.

The boys are correct. Gold is for a watch that is worn in rotation. However, I disagree on the diamonds. I have diamond bezels that after 2-3 years still look amazing. Of course that's not the case with all diamond bezels. Some of them, in a short time look really bad. So, buyer beware.