When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

LV sub Franken and other Rolex Frankens.

danielkarpathios

Hi Guys,

I joined these forums a couple of days ago and I've had a lot of insightful and very helpful members on here take the time to explain things to me and help me on my travels. 

Mike on a bike and TC, thanks for all your help so far.

Im new to these forums and gradually finding my way around the place is getting a little easier each day but now it's time to haul ass and get something built.

I've decided that the first piece i would love to have is the LV sub. I know that TC does amazing work but unfortunately as we all know, this model has ceased production until supplier issues are sorted out.

I would love to commission someone to build me a piece at the same quality that TC builds (if at all possible) but as yet, I have not found the cheese at the end of the maze.

So I put this out there to any any and all builders, modders and anything in between:

Is there anyone here that can build me something as good as TC's LV sub or am I going to have to commission someone to build me a Franken LV sub? 

Ubiquitous has the most amazing Franken LV sub i've seen on here and I figure getting one built with all the gen parts like he did is probably the best option at this point. Thatst type of piece I am after, quality wise.

Who can help me on here or point me in the right direction with a Franken solution or something similar. Once I start collecting, the other Rolex's I would want would also have to be of this high quality too. So I will definitely be coming back for more if you help me out on this first purchase with the LV sub.

Is this possible? If so, I would encourage and appreciate any and all members to chime in and give me your .02

Anyone looking to sell (including you too Ubiquitous!!!) Please feel free to PM me too.

Thanks for your help gentlemen!

DK

Hi, quite frankly I would go to the TD section and order a superlumed LV sub with a 28.800 beat movement (Asian probably) this weekend. Than in 3 weeks time a.) you have a watch for 255 euros or less and b.) you have a reference standard to compare the one you are getting afterwards which is more important than comparing posted pics c.) You will find that with Rolex reps generally speaking the visual quality is quite good nowadays and You need a lupe to find out differences only a wis could tell anyways. At the same time keep looking in the m2m section for the franken You really seek, which will be the fastest and the easiest way to go. There is nothing like holding, feeling, having it in the hand so just get one, experience, it will help You to get a better franken later which may be quite an expense, moneywise and timewise. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Hi, quite frankly I would go to the TD section and order a superlumed LV sub with a 28.800 beat movement (Asian probably) this weekend. Than in 3 weeks time a.) you have a watch for 255 euros or less and b.) you have a reference standard to compare the one you are getting afterwards which is more important than comparing posted pics c.) You will find that with Rolex reps generally speaking the visual quality is quite good nowadays and You need a lupe to find out differences only a wis could tell anyways. At the same time keep looking in the m2m section for the franken You really seek, which will be the fastest and the easiest way to go. There is nothing like holding, feeling, having it in the hand so just get one, experience, it will help You to get a better franken later which may be quite an expense, moneywise and timewise. Just my opinion.

Couldn't have put that any better. Sound advice. :)

Sent from my SHV-E250S using Tapatalk 2

Thanks boys. I appreciate the feed back. With the other non Rolex models I want, I'm a little more relaxed and I'll definitely go look at the TD's. I think just for the subs and the day dates,though I would ideally love to get some good Frankens built. Guess I'll have to take your advice and find some in the M2M section eventually. I put up some pics in the Rolex thread of my Deepsea, yesterday. Could you guys check out the quality and give me your .02? You're all more experienced than I am and I would love some fees back! Thanks again gents! DK Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk