When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What was your favourite buy in 2013 ?

sgtguk

So I bought a few pieces in 2013, as usual too many truth be told  :partytime:  but I do have a favourite, it's a Gen Longines Hydroconquest in blue.....................

IMG_2239_zps7d44d5cc.jpg

I waited just over 12 months to get it as the dealers in my area had no stock and every time one popped up second hand it has sold before I had a chance to grab it  :fool:  the one I ended up buying was new and I got a great deal on it too.

So what was your favourite piece you picked up in 2013? 

Pics too please  :inverted:

• Like 1

My favorite purchase of the year had to be my Oris Aquis Date. It is a great blend of tool watch (with it bulky bracelet links and superb clasp) and fit and form (with the polished outer links and ceramic bezel that slopes up to meet the slight domed crystal). Plus it opened my mind to wearing a watch larger than 42mm.

post-37023-0-99827000-1388975850_thumb.j

• Like 1

Seiko SSB039 Chrono. Bought this as a Speedy Pro homage since I have been in love with the moon watch since I was a kid and there aren't any decent reps about. It's a solid watch with a solid bracelet, and it wears well on the nasa velcro strap I have as well.

yqu7heC.jpg

• Like 1

Lots to choose from. I only started collecting reps (and decent gens) at the very end of 2012.

I think my favourites are the Pam 399, my franken UPO and the Aviator. But lots of others are a very close second!!

strapcode.com

You have to dremel/file/sand the back of the lug-end on the bracelet to make it fit..

http://www.strapcode.com/store/22mm-brushed-heavy-stainless-steel-heavy-mesh-watch-bracelet-solid-p-2519.html