When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ploprof 600 Dial in a Helson Sharkmaster 600...?

seadweller16600

• 4 weeks later...

That looks really good! Could you describe how it was assembled (if dial was laser welded to the inner ring or not etc)?

I'm asking as I've (or Pbdad to be honest) had some issues getting it all together...

It was very easy,if you have the right Parts.

I used a MK III dial.

first you have to cut the Dial Feet.

after,filed down the rest from the Dial feet carefuly!!!

We do not laser the Dial to the Ring,we glow it with the same small papers,as used in some Watches to fix a Dial ring.

That are very small papers,wich glue on both sides.

i dont know the item called in english,sorry.

On the Back Side of the 2824-2 is enough space to put 3 or 4 of them on it.

After all pull the watch together,we test it for WD to 150 meters. The watch is save and ready to diving.

I will wait for the silver Date Wheel from Helson,because i want to open the watch again to Change the black wheel.

but it must be the helson Disc,because of printing.The gen.will not fit,a ETA Disk will fit,but the date stand between two letters.

If you turned the Dial to "6" the date will fit correct,but the red Pusher will then be on the left side down.

I hope,you understand,what i mean.

regards an much fun with your new Project!!!

• 2 weeks later...

palani21 on Repgeek is selling one right now - it's a beautiful thing

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=224682&highlight=ploprof

specs as follows

Franken Omega Ploprof 600/Helson hybrid

So here’s something you don’t see everyday…I wanna say there’s maybe three of these I know of floating around!

This beauty was brought together by none other than vintage guru member B-uhr and features a gen Helson Sharkmaster 600 as the base. After finding a gen nos Omega Ploprof dial, gen pusher, and gen mesh bracelet this is what came out…one crip franken!

Details:
- gen Helson Sharkmaster 600 complete with tube, papers etc(http://www.helsonwatch.com/sharkmaster-600.php)
o Monobloc case: Brushed 316L surgical stainless steel - Ø 44 mm - height 14,70 mm - length 44mm - lug distance 24 mm.
o Crown: Screwed with side protection
o Crystal: Sapphire - 3.5 mm thick - inside AR coated.
o Water resistance: 600m/2000 ft Dial, hands and bezel coated with swiss SuperLuminova
o Bezel: Acrylic or Sapphire with push button lock system
o Bracelet: 24 mm mesh bracelet and rubber strap
o Movement: 25 Jewel Swiss ETA 2824-2 automatic
- Gen Omega 600 Ploprof dial
- Gen Omega red bezel pusher
- Gen Omega mesh bracelet
- Gen Omega buckle for the Helson isofrane rubber strap
- Gen Omega date wheel (not installed)
- The original Helson dial will also be included

The only thing to note is there is a tiny mark on the dw date 31 but other than that she is a looker and tells perfect time as you’d expect.

Looking for $1500 pp and shipped conus and/or +$30 EMS express for the rest of the world and all risks on you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

I just purchased a black dialed Helson 600 Sharkmaster and will get it tomorrow.  I was thinking I might want to start collecting spare parts and understanding it's construction as I plan on keeping it and maybe upgrading it later.

I think this relates to this thread as what fits the Helson 600 Sharkmaster like the genuine dials.

1. How is the push button the same or different from original Omega?   I see on this thread people installed genuines but do you really just unscrew the Helson button and install a genuine Omega Proplof button and that's it?

2.What is the sapphire crystal from or what size is it? Is it the same as genuine or is it different? How would I find/get another crystal as a back up?

3. How is the bezel removed?  I assume it can be lifted off by those professional 5 corner sharp bezel removers?

Thanks!

On 1/7/2014 at 4:30 AM, seadweller16600 said:

Now I order a dial from omega Pforzheim over a omega store in Koblenz, will cost 180 €, so now I only need help with fitting the dw, or what I have to do, also I ordered a new silver dw from Helson.... Regards Ulrich Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

I want to order a genuine dial for my Helson Sharkmaster as well.  Is there a website to order from?   But I want a black, not blue.