When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I did it!

Aero_Dave

We'll guys, I did it. It may not be much of an accomplishment to some, but for me I feel Great. I sent my Omega Ploprof out on July 19th to MD2020 to have the date centered in the window. When I sent it, the watch was working perfectly and keeping great time. We'll as most of you know, MD had major issues and nothing I sent got fixed right. Although I was luckily enough to at least get my watches back, 4 months later, my Ploprof arrived broken! The crown & stem wouldn't go all the way in, the movement was mounted upside down ( MD had the crown on the right side like most other watches, but the Ploprof's crown belongs on the left side) and the hour hand was stuck at 6 o'clock. So after my initial frustration cooled down some, I decided I would start the process of trying to fix my own watches, if possible. So I started purchasing tools and getting things together to work on my own stuff. We'll today I decided to jump in and see what's up with the Ploprof. I took the watch apart & decased the movement. I found the movement was not mounted correctly in the ring / holder, so it was causing the movement & hands to sit lower under the dial than it should. So the hour hand was hitting the 6 o'clock stick marker on the dial. The seconds hand was also slipping. I had taken previous pictures of the watch movement inside the watch before and looking back at them, I could tell MD must have broken the original stem and replaced it. So the new stem now was just a tad too long. So I cut the stem just a bit, remounted the movement, reseated the hands, recased everything and Whoo Hoo. It's working great again. So far, it's keeping great time too. It's a great feeling to not only have my Ploprof back on my wrist, since the last time I wore it was back in early July, but I fixed it! :)

Thanks goes out to Freddy333 for his suggestion to decase the movement to check if it stills sticks at 6 o'clock. Your suggestion gave me the idea to go ahead and give it a try.

Here she is, in all her Beauty.

d7826462254f633f0eb9b6b9929d1fbd.jpg

Dave...

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Dave, congrats on the repair!

Was wondering if you purchased from TT? I'm looking to purchase a white Ploprof with mesh bracelet, and not sure if it will fit correctly. I have a 7" wrist and the bracelet isn't adjustable... Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

Was wondering if you purchased from TT? I'm looking to purchase a white Ploprof with mesh bracelet, and not sure if it will fit correctly. I have a 7" wrist and the bracelet isn't adjustable... Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Buy it on rubber, then get a Suppaparts mesh for it .....You can mount the original clasp on it and have adjustability..

Buy it on rubber, then get a Suppaparts mesh for it .....You can mount the original clasp on it and have adjustability..

Thanks. Now to find a white model without happy feet....

Thanks.

Thanks! But no,  actually I bought my Ploprof in a M2M sale last year. I love the watch and wear it a lot in my rotation.

I have about a 7 1/2 wrist and it looks great.

Good luck in your search, you'll love it!

Dave...