When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Triple 6. Again.

grifter

A couple of years ago I built a 16660 using jackjo's ssd as the base and it was my favorite. LINK

23.jpg

Then I had some sort of major malfunction and sold it. Please don't ask me why...

Some time passed and I just couldn't get over the loss. I sent an email to the person who bought it off the person I sold it to. :lol:

To my surprise he agreed to sell her back to me! I was so happy. I ordered a new BpSD after reading so many good things about it with plans to swap the case set if it were indeed that good. The main thing I liked was the crystal, which has no lec. I also ordered TC's 93160A to replace the (from what I'd been reading) poor Bp bracelet.

Then I decided to go NOS vintage look. This decision came from the purchase of a NOS 16660 insert. The gen insert I had was pretty beat up, cracked pearl and all. At the time I loved this look. But as I age so do my taste buds and my taste in watches. I loved the new insert I picked up. The tritium pearl was a warm patina yet it had never been mounted and was sitting in its packaging begging to be installed. I actually didn't mind that it cost more than the BpSD!

The triple 6 arrived and shortly after the BpSD came too. I immediately saw that the Bp case set was superior so I sent both watches over to my main man Pbdad.

Today it came back and I am one happy mofackle. Enjoy the few quick iphone pics. :)

outside today is cloudy with a chance of 666..

F14D5F0A-C735-42C4-B0E3-E250E4873268-483

indoors

743A00D7-1AB8-4F4F-9952-986BA2A4E971-483

FEF20FC4-AA61-4621-990F-DEA8B9272EDD-483

0A643B5B-27BD-409A-8C25-A1FC60B585C6-483

Specs:

BpSD case set

TC 93160A bracelet

Natalie's Passion (NDT) 16660 matte dial

Gen insert

Gen crown/tube

Pbdad's work:

Drill lug holes

Re-lume dial/hands (done during the first build)

Install insert (Said it snapped right in without shaving)

Install tube

• Like 2