When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Submariner v6

PaulSchneider

Hey guys, after reading tons of threads about the new V6 i finally choose to buy one!

Im completely new in the rep-business, thats why i still got some questions left:

Whats the weight of the tc sub and does it have a gen feeling?

Are there any rep parts which are definately not close to gen parts and is it possible for a noob like me to change it with gen parts on my own?

Im still a bit afraid of spending 567$ for a rep watch, of course its cheap as hell for a 16610 but still a lot of money for a watch!

Thanks,

Paul

Welcome to the forum Paul ;) First of all good decision choosing a v6! Compared with my gen differences are minor. Cg's (crown guards) differ from every version a little bit but they are correct for y-series if I remember correctly. Weight compared to gen is almost corect. Stainless steel used for reps will unfortunately never compete with 904L steel which rolex uses. If you have them side by side and in your hands there is a small difference but not noticable on the wrist. For me I chose to put in a gen insert which is easy to change. Probably I will search a gen crsytal since this makes quite a difference. Easy to change with the right tools. Since they are pretty expensive I won't change it unless I get a good offer because TC crystal is good enough ;) You will be amazed of the quality you will get and it's definitely worth every penny!:)

Hi Paul, 

take a look at this review http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/166427-tc-sub-v5-kh-dial-review. It covers all aspects about TC's sub perfectly.

While $560 might seem a lot to you, especially if you're just getting into watches, you will have a hard time finding high(er) quality gen watches (mechanical) at this price point. TC's subs are actually pretty good value.

• Like 2

Thx for all your replies, a nice forum ;)

To be honest i didnt notice any difference between the inserts but i will buy one if its easy

to change.. Is there any good website where i can buy one of these inserts (with fair prices haha)?

The most important thing for me is the bracelet, whats exactly the difference? The gen one looks so perfect :)

Thanks,

Paul

Rolex submariner bracelets are not that big a deal, so don't worry about wearing a rep bracelet, esp. a TC one- no one will notice. I wear a gen R serial 16610 a lot of the time and I took off the brand new 93150 bracelet that came with it (the R serial is a 25 yr old 16610- the first one that came out in 1988) and put on a rep 93150 with a gen clasp and the 501B end pieces that came w/ the new bracelet- you can't tell the difference except that the rep isn't in pristine shape.

I also can't tell any difference in the color of the 904L steel case on the 16610 gen and the rep 316L bracelet.

Until recently the all of the Rolex bracelets were 316L steel- just recently with the newer models did they switch to 904L.

Enjoy your TC and get a watchmaker to change out the bezel insert if you buy a gen one. It's not that hard to do, but you need the right tools and a watchmaker should do it for you for $10-20. Cheaper than buying a press and the other tools you'll need.

• Like 2

Welcome aboard Paul! You are now rocking with the best!!!! ;) I understand being a noob and all your concerns over the TC sub price. As mentioned above you're getting the best classic sub out the box! hands down! At a fraction of the gen so receive your watch and enjoy to the max!TC is a fanatic about pursuing the perfect sub and he absolutely will not stop until it is DONE! I own two TC subs and they are stunning. Pics do not do them justice. They have the look, feel, and weight of the gen. I haven't changed any parts on mine and they still pass for gen. As other members would agree no need to change the insert on the V6. The Caddell Vintage insert is close enough to pass for gen. The most asked question among noobs and ongoing joke amongst vets seems to be...Who has the best sub???? Of course TC does! Btw I did a short review on my TC LV sub you can check out.

Also Paul look at it this way....you're starting at the top of the rep food chain so no were else to go but down. At least you're not making the noob mistake most of us did by being scammed and wasting funds on junk because we didn't know any better. You're off to a great start in the rep game.

A tell for who Eric? A Rolex aficionado? Maybe if you're OCD like me but joe average and on the wrist would not know nor care. Besides gen bezels have gone through the roof! Found a black one on eBay for $375! Not worth it use the funds for another nice rep. Unless you have money for nothing. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Edited by indywatchguy
  • Like 1

Thanks for all your kind replies, i allready started to love this forum haha

I think i will send him the money today and if im not happy with the bezel insert i will buy a gen insert (sometimes they only cost about 120$!) afterwards.

Maybe i will also buy a rolex box or some similar one, i really want to take care of it!

Thanks for all :)

A tell for who Eric? A Rolex aficionado? Maybe if you're OCD like me but joe average and on the wrist would not know nor care. Besides gen bezels have gone through the roof! Found a black one on eBay for $375! Not worth it use the funds for another nice rep. Unless you have money for nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

a tell for most of us, or I guess any gen owner will see the diff. The whole shape ie wrong dude. A flat vs round?? if on wrist, a $200 rep would pass.

The reason for tc is to get pass even hold by hand. Plus blackgen insert is for $100-$200. Ther are tons for sale.

I have your insert bud! :) Gen 16610 FFLN insert if you are interested.

I've been in rep biz for 2 months, had a TC LVIII - EXCELLENT! Now just bought a V6 and its at the house of SSTEEL for gen parts install. TC watches are the real deal if you want to have bang for buck! I would recommend you change the Crown to a gen crown, it will solve slipping problems. However, Just buy it! You will be very happy with it and the value remains on these forums mate! V6's are hot so as soon as they get posted for sale they disappear, even seen it sell for more than purchased for.