When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Submariner v6

PaulSchneider

Great start to your rep journey....

Picking up on a couple of points above

99% of the people you meet will never tell your OOB v6 TC is a rep

However

75% of the 99% will assume its a rep anyhows....LOL

I have a TC LN with gen insert, gen crystal, and gen crown. These upgrades installed approximately double the cost of the watch but it dont get better

The TC bracelet is superb, I did a direct comparison review of the v3/v4 TC PJ serial rep combo, against my gen PJ coded. Its very, very accurate, no one but a real expert would tell the difference.

Most so called experts are found on the rep boards.

Welcome to the forum!

As far as bezels go, far  less than 1% of the watch wearing public wear Rolex subs and of that 1% half are more than likely have no idea what the bezel is for cause they bought a Rolex cause they could. Maybe 25% of that 1% are as obsessed about what the bezel looks like as we are , and how many of them will see YOUR watch? And as stated many times before, if anyone recognizes the type of watch you are wearing they are most likely going to think it's fake just because of the brand ,not because they can pick out a flaw. Enjoy your new V6 purchase and if you get really obsessed, buy a gen insert and crystal to save your sanity. Good luck!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

About TC: Amazing quality bracelet. Overall quality build and function, very good and solid feeling movement, thinner case than most other, superior dial, specially when using a 10x lupe.

Inner rehault engravings are removed - everybody who "knows" about Rolex internetwise will spot this (haha) and say: "It´s a fake, Rolex introduced these engravings because they are difficult to reproduce" though it´s more gen-like for older models. In comparison - for the unwary public - the insert is really a minor issue.

Outer casing engravings/serial removed - so it´s not too advisable to wear it on a NATO - it sure will be spotted as soon as the bracelet is removed.

As so much was said about details.... thought I should add the 2 major issues which nobody cares about anyway.

I use the TC as it came - didn´t add or change anything, great watch visually and technically.

Edited by Nightwatch

a tell for most of us, or I guess any gen owner will see the diff. The whole shape ie wrong dude. A flat vs round?? if on wrist, a $200 rep would pass.

The reason for tc is to get pass even hold by hand. Plus blackgen insert is for $100-$200. Ther are tons for sale.

where do you find a gen insert for $100??!!!????thats not missing pearl or banged up? eBay has new one for $275 right now that's lowest price. Not worth it for a piece of tin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Just bought the insert by "911flyer" , its almost new and its for €95! I just heard that the user "omega" sells new inserts for €130! Completely new!

You are now getting into the finer nuances of the Rolex Submariner world, but the flat four insert was OEM on earlier Sub models and not the later models of the latter years in the mid 2000's to 2008.

I am sure someone here will chime in and say when the pointy 4 insert became standard for OEM and service parts. As many have said Joe Public will not have a clue.

Has your watch arrived yet?

The TC bracelet is superb, I did a direct comparison review of the v3/v4 TC PJ serial rep combo, against my gen PJ coded. Its very, very accurate, no one but a real expert would tell the difference.

Most so called experts are found on the rep boards.

Haha, correct. 

Hey guys,

I just ordered my tc and bought a gen insert, which will replace the tc insert when the sub is in my hands ;)

I just think of buying a gen crystal but i dont know how good tc crystal is. Does anyone have good pictures to Compare these crystals ? I cant find any similar ones ...

Thanks!

Tc crystals are pretty good but the mag is just a tad off. If you do buy a gen, I suggest going with AR. It might not be period correct for your watch but they look amazing and it's a common upgrade for gen owners. I bought a gen crystal w/out AR and I regret not spending a little more for AR.

• 2 weeks later...

Any issues with TC eta clone compare to BKs builds using Swiss eta? I read somewhere that rotor could be loud on TCs and seconds hand sweep is not as smooth as BKs Swiss eta. Is that the case ? I still have BK noob mariner with Swiss eta in it he was building few years back and still love it. The winding of it feels great and solid, changing time hands feel nice and tight too. The seconds sweep is smooth. I am thinking of upgrading to TC v6.

Any issues with TC eta clone compare to BKs builds using Swiss eta? I read somewhere that rotor could be loud on TCs and seconds hand sweep is not as smooth as BKs Swiss eta. Is that the case ? I still have BK noob mariner with Swiss eta in it he was building few years back and still love it. The winding of it feels great and solid, changing time hands feel nice and tight too. The seconds sweep is smooth. I am thinking of upgrading to TC v6.

I love the tc movement, my gen eta is louder than TC for sure. Second sweep is smooth buddy. No worries there.

SSTEEL calibrated the movement to within cosc, runs about 1-1,5sec/day fast. Great bang for the buck and date changing is very gen like. Think you'll like it. Don't forget qc pics though... ;-)

Sent from my sub using Helium

Edited by 911flyer

• 2 months later...