When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake watch invoice

zero_deficit

While not an original idea (Thank Mike on a Bike for that idea), I thought I'd create a fake watch repair invoice for people sending reps to countries with risky customs, or those who just wanna go to the extra effort of ensuring their replicas end up where they want it to end up. Instead of making your own one up, I made one for everyone to use. All you have to do is

1) Download the .docx file: http://www.filedropper.com/fakewatchrepairinvoice
(I can upload it in another format if someone wishes)

2) Change the watch details and date. You can also change the particulars, cost, and even the name of your 'watch repair store' if you want

3) Print it out

4) Place it with the rep you're sending

5) Declare on your customs deceleration form something like 'Repaired timepiece' or something along the lines of that

6) Send it off smile.png

I welcome any feedback, or if there are any flaws in my idea.

Happy shipping guys

Fakewatchrepairinvoice_zps26a33edc.jpg

@ Zero Deficit, that's a great idea!! I have been using one similar to this for several years. I even have one that is a repair estimate/ cost sheet and authorization that  I email to the seller, who can print it out and enclose it in the box when shipping to me. It has his return address and his name. It clearly states that upon completion, the watch will be returned to the owner. Costs as well as shipping charges are outlined. Another one which is very similar to yours above is a final invoice with all the details. I enclose this in the box with the watch I'm shipping. Another thing, which was discussed in another thread in the past few days, I always ship well wrapped  in bubble wrap, packed in packing peanuts and a nice cardboard box with a printed label.

Also if allowable, I prefer to ship with insurance, so it's necessary that the customs declaration be at least the amount that you want to insure for. If you want to insure for 400.00 USD, the Customs declaration must reflect a value of 400.00 USD or more. I realize that full value creates a lot of problems for folks receiving packages in the EU, as some countries charge very high amounts for incoming goods. If the buyer wants me to insure for less, then the risk is completely on him. With  some countries, I cannot buy insurance, or very limited insurance, in that case again the risk is on the buyer. In the case of genuine watches, there is no  negotiation, full value declaration and insurance. I've lost a couple of sales in the past because of that, but if a watch that's worth 2-3K gets lost or stolen, the buyer wants his money back or a watch, so I'm stuck with refunding the money and no watch. That's not acceptable to me. With a genuine watch, there is no problems with customs seizure, so the main problem would be lost or stolen. For genuine watches, shipping outside the CONUS, I much prefer using FedEx or Express Mail International, if they allow me to purchase full insurance on the watch, otherwise FedEx. 

People have been using faked repair receipts to foil customs for years, but I would avoid attaching high values to shipped watches. They simply attract the attention of thieves & encourage theft. &, anyway, if your package gets lost/stolen/damaged, the process required to make a claim is so complicated & lengthy that it really is not worth the effort. Best ship only when you have to, describe the item as damaged or sent for repair & limit the declared value to $25 or less.

People have been using faked repair receipts to foil customs for years, but I would avoid attaching high values to shipped watches. They simply attract the attention of thieves & encourage theft. &, anyway, if your package gets lost/stolen/damaged, the process required to make a claim is so complicated & lengthy that it really is not worth the effort. Best ship only when you have to, describe the item as damaged or sent for repair & limit the declared value to $25 or less.

True. I had a gen Sinn U2 stolen in the mail (I think it was UPS) :( I eventually bought another one.

• Like 1

True. I had a gen Sinn U2 stolen in the mail (I think it was UPS) :( I eventually bought another one.

Blimey.

I think if that was me my next package would have been identically declared and sent but containing a U2 shaped piece of C4. Or a U2 with a GPS tracking device in it.

If your watch gets stuck under the boot of an aggressive customs agent, a simple one sided repair invoice might not do the trick. You may need a mailing/shipping receipt proving you sent the 'watch' to be 'repaired'. The 'watch' must have been sent a few weeks or months before the arrival of the 'repaired watch' and the shipping weight outbound should be close to the watch that arrives.

Customs agents can be very aggressive if they want your watch for Cousin Charlie's birthday present.

Something else...if you do not settle up in a 'timely manner', watches have a tendency to 'disappear' into the system.

No proofie, no watchie.    :pimp:

Blimey.

I think if that was me my next package would have been identically declared and sent but containing a U2 shaped piece of C4. Or a U2 with a GPS tracking device in it.

The thing is there were no charges either ... they left a card as I wasn't home the first time and any subsequent re-deliveries never materialised with them eventually saying it was "lost".... yeah right! I don't think it was highly valued either.. maybe $100, so there was no recourse to recover the costs and the seller didn't seem to care. It was from TZ.

Thanks for sharing mate  :inverted: I always try to include an invoice for repair with all my sales, if nothing else it will put some doubt in the mind of the guys who read it  ;) keep the value of the repair to the price of the watch though, makes the pp payment more believable for starters....