When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintaging a strap

dannesyd

Well i found myself quite bored today waking up early on a Saturday with not much to do.

Then i remembered that i have a Donerix Tobacco strap laying around that i bought off another member here on pure impulse at a good price. I wasn't really as fond of it as I hoped when i received it and it's been laying in a drawer waiting for a watch that's on repair anyway. So I figured i would give it some character and patina  (please forgive me Donerix  :bangin: ). And since I'm a sucker for vintage and aged looks, i gave it a beating.

So this is what the strap looked like before i went berserk on it:

rdFp4wp.jpg

And two hours later after dish sponges, keys, lip balm, forks, lotion, knives and general abuse while watching TV,  this is the result:

xuiA0z2.jpg

I am really pleased with how this came out, and now I'm really looking forward to putting this on my 186 Arktos once it gets back from repairs! :)

I might give it a rundown with proper leather wax later and another wack or two later on if it gets to dry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...