When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first own Franken build, finally finished

netniet

I did spend $550 on the Sean midcase, it was not cheap, but it is money well spend. In the end this became the most expensive watch since I started this addictive hobby.

I wanted to add a gen bracelet to it, but I decided to wear it with a Nato strap for now, until I had the funds to buy one.

But that is put on hold because I stumbled upon my next Franken project here, I found a very nice Yuki 5513 case, gen 5513 dial and insert here in the M2M sales. So the cash for the bracelet is going into this project. The hunt is on for a gen movement, retainer ring, bezel and T19 superdome crystal.

Selling it? Nope, I want to enjoy wearing it for a while.

This would have been a pretty expensive project - I think it looks great nonetheless.

But here's my guestimate:

Sean Case: $550

Yuki movement: $450

Genuine dial & hands: $400-500

Gen crown and tube: $80

Gen bezel: $300

Gen Crystal: $200

so around ~$2K, am i close?

Thanks. I invested a bit more, but you are close. It was not cheap, but every time I bought one of these parts it gave me a kick, and I knew I got closer to the watch I wanted to build and wear.

And as an added bonus, I have meet some great fellow watch addicts along this journey.