When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bronzo! It's repped! In Bronze!

atomic_doug

I'd say bronze is "something different."  On RG, Angus has insisted that the case is solid bronze.  (Of course, there are still many different kinds of bronze and more than one watch company has mistakenly sold a brass watch , thinking it's bronze.)

I doubt we'd ever find out about the rep, but the gen is CuSn8 Marine Bronze.

Not much in the difference of Brass and Bronze ... both are alloys of copper...  Brass being an alloy of Copper and Zinc and Bronze Being Copper and Tin primarily but does include others like in the case of CuSn8 has phosphorus added into the mix as well .. but all relatively cheap alloys to make and much easier to machine than 316 or 304. So hopefully they get this right and use the correct bronze : ) after all the guitar sting manufactures use it in cheap guitar stings lol.     

Not much in the difference of Brass and Bronze ... both are alloys of copper...  Brass being an alloy of Copper and Zinc and Bronze Being Copper and Tin primarily but does include others like in the case of CuSn8 has phosphorus added into the mix as well .. but all relatively cheap alloys to make and much easier to machine than 316 or 304. So hopefully they get this right and use the correct bronze : ) after all the guitar sting manufactures use it in cheap guitar stings lol.     

Wasn't there a post a while ago in the Panerai section stating that most , if not all rep cases are investment-cast nowadays, thus making them brittle and prone to chipping, and machining out of a single piece of metal is a thing of the past?

look at the 30 on bezel, it should be upside down

+1.. I spotted this too when looking at the picture on the site. Hopefully it gets sorted out.

Angus is active on RG and hopefully someone can alert him to this. :)

+1.. I spotted this too when looking at the picture on the site. Hopefully it gets sorted out.

Angus is active on RG and hopefully someone can alert him to this. :)

Been mentioned several times. He is aware and the factory is correcting bezels. Also the crown should be bronze as well. That has been discussed also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...