When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Superocean Aybss 44 Superrep?

jayely1

What are the flaws with this model (what's off from oem) And is there side by side photos of OEM and this model?  Also, Is the swiss movement worth the extra $150?

http://pureti.me/pro...on-ss-bracelet/

Trusty time has the "same" watch for $268...Is it the same exact watch just a better price? 

Thanks guys!

Edited by jayely1

I can't say for sure whether there are many obvious tells on this as opposed to gen, it's a rep I've had my eye on for some time tho.

Some people swear by eta others say that asian clone with a service is just as good and reliable. There are probably some good pros and cons with each.

As long as your happy with it I wouldn't worry too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the flaws with this model (what's off from oem) And is there side by side photos of OEM and this model?  Also, Is the swiss movement worth the extra $150?

http://pureti.me/pro...on-ss-bracelet/

Trusty time has the "same" watch for $268...Is it the same exact watch just a better price? 

Thanks guys!

- SuperOcean 44 is a super rep.

- choose Asian 2824 movement and have it serviced (or Sellita if you want a better one and willing to pay 150 USD more)

- all of the SO 44 are the same. choose any dealer you want (there is a dealers section on the first page).

- before the purchase, contact the dealer and check if particular model is in stock.

- there was gen / rep comparison over on RWI, but the link does not work anymore

- there are many threads about Superocean 44 here on RWG. you may want to use "search" button on top right of this page.

- no need to create multiple threads and top them up when somebody is not answering your questions immediately. just wait. it is part of the rep game.

- read a lot (use Search and type in words like "which movement", "SO44", "Superocean", "are these reps different from various dealers", "can i dive 100 m with my rep", "SO 44 flaws", "will AD notice my SO44 is rep", "why should i service my movement", etc.)

• Like 1

So if all the dealers have the same watch, should I get this one??

http://www.rwgforum.net/links/goto/51-watcheden/

It's ike half the price of trusty time and purtime..It's really the same watch??

If you click any of the TDs, you can see that they have something called "review section". Read few of them and it will give you the best idea about what to expect. Also have a look at how many members posted reviews in their section and when was the last purchase made.

So if you are talking about 418 USD version displayed on their site, I do not think, it is that much cheaper from what you can buy from josh, silix, trusty, angus or toro. If you are talking about the 118 USD version .... huh...lol... my eyes.... lets say I love the completely wrong DWO with completely wrong font, size, dial print, markers .... or almost everything. It screams from a distance "imma rep... cheap one". Just place those two pic aside and compare them. No srsly. It all depends on what you budget is. If you want a really good start, choose Asian 2824 movement, not the cheap 21J. It is much better start. Reps that come from the same factory are priced evenly, there is max 20-30 USD difference. I chose trusty as a TD to loose my rep virginity. So buy a TD not a rep :) And read moar :3 Compare some reviews of 21 movements and I recommend you to find some of the Rolexmans teardown reviews as there is lot of informations about what to expect and why should you have the movement serviced.

+1

I agree, you can see the difference in quality just in the photos, you'll notice it even more in real life. Listed above are your reasons why it's half the price. I also have used Trusty Time and you will receive great service and a decent rep, it's worth spending that little extra for the quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Torobravos too is a TD with very good service and quality watches, has the Abyss 42mm in his hot section for the special price of 205 with Asian ETA, maybe he still has some (the yellow is not available).

I messaged him and he is messaging back instantly, which is rare I find! He said after the Chinese holiday they will be more. So I most likely will buy from him. He's has a good reputation I take it?

How's the lume on yours?? How long does it last?

WOW, that is good..I still can't decide if I should get the Swiss or Asian movement...Toro said they are 100% new from NOOB and ptime says he doesn't sell them because they are remanufactured or used..

WOW, that is good..I still can't decide if I should get the Swiss or Asian movement...Toro said they are 100% new from NOOB and ptime says he doesn't sell them because they are remanufactured or used..

<br />Well. If you got the cash, go swiss. Asian is just as good and reliable but the watchmakers will be happier working on the swiss than the asian. <br />The Asian in my so44 is smooth as silk ^_^ and the watchmaker i use dont care so for me there was another $150 or so more to spend on a new rep.

Even every dealer I wrote said to go with the Asian..They're basically just as good and the swiss are used or remanufactured...Good to know!<br /><br />Just wish someone had one in stock right now!

<br />If you manage to get something shipped out of China the next week or two you are a lucky man. <br /><br />They are celebrating Chinese New year. All workers go visit their relatives. China closes down. If you have traded/bught with them during this period you know. If not read about it. Its fashinating ;)

They all keep telling me they won't have anything until after the holiday. Didn't know it was such a long process!

You have a ton to learn ;)

I see you are in the us. One good thing with that is the shipping to you usually is faster than most other parts of the world.

Then when they get the watch they might find issues with it that need attention and there goes 3 weeks more, Then it gets stuck in custom...

When you eventually get the watch im sure you will enjoy it though!

:clap:

There are trusted dealer on the other forums that deals from Thailand, He deals now. He have no so44 though.

Edited by ramviksrille