When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crosspost from RWI concerning scam by member DenisSpa

AKTime

Quoted from RWI post.

"

[Alert] DenisSpa Scammer [Alert]

It has come to the attention of the staff that a very active member Denis Spahic from Wilmington, NC has put together an elaborate plan to scam one of our popular TD's.

His current username is DenisSpa, and please be advised to not buy or sell from this member.

He bought thousands of dollars worth of reps and then put in a PP dispute to get his money back. The dealer had to oblige out of fear of getting his assets frozen by PayPal.

He then sold one (thus far) of the charged back reps here in the M2M sales area.

He also changed his registration email to a fake one and removed his M2M sales thread pictures within hours of chargebacking our dealer.

Any information you have on Denis please contact staff immediately!

Thanks,

ATL"

Further info here:   http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=170970&highlight=denisspa

Apparently he went rogue and has blocked comms from members that he dealt with in the past. He has cut ties with all members through email comms, instagram, and other means of communication.

And gone with the money no doubt. In this case a one off, known guy goes rogue no way to guard against this unfortunately. I gather the watches sold were sent to buyers?

Will check. I have particulars from trailboss in regard as we keep in touch on such things in the interest of cross board security. :pimp:

PS checking on if members were screwed also...........

Update, DenisSpa posted in the thread I linked and has said that he cancelled the charge back to Ryan. He states that he was beaten and robbed and in the hospital. His Dad apparently cancelled his cards and contested some fraudulent charges. Sounds odd, but he has a long history at RWI and he says that he cancelled the dispute so I guess we will see.

Wow... This certainly is a sordid tale. It is difficult to form a conclusive opinion as the facts presented seem rather inconclusive.

If it is a scam then shame on the instigator. The victim here seems to be the dealer who has ample inventory, The downside is yet again PayPal is held accountable and tightens up on the entire watch market.

Personally, I despise PayPal and would never consider using their services.

I've seen some fast C&Rs but putting them up for sale before they've been delivered?

Also if he was trying to scam people why would he remove the pictures from the M2M sale thread after the chargeback? Any why just the pictures?

Haven't got time to read the thread over on RWI but the info posted here makes no sense at all, sorry OP.

I'll rely on our resident bouncer / all round superstar - MOAB! :)

fraggle the reason that what AKtime posted makes no sense is that if you read that thread it is much the same. :g: Inexplicable actions, things done that beguile reason it makes the person in question look both guilty as hell and innocent as driven snow.  :confused:  I do not envie the admins over RWI trying to sort this out. :frusty:

• Like 1

Wow now that was a read....................................

Dave no idea I just am on so admins can PM me in regard to scammers. They send me stuff on guys doing bad and sometimes we do cross checks for each other, I try to check in every couple of days.