When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Big bang stem repair UK

flikq

Hi all,

I have had a TT Hublot watch for a while now and unfortunately I was a little too exuberant with the crown, sadly the crown has broken off, with what I can imagine is a piece of the stem still attached to both the watch and the broken crown. I would imagine the stem would need to be replaced.

I was hoping there is someone in the UK that is capable of fixing this for me and would be willing to do so. Here are some pics of the wreckage, hopefully this should give you an idea of what needs fixing.

Thanks

post-54477-0-01188600-1390259473_thumb.j

post-54477-0-38036400-1390259473_thumb.j

If your not familiar with removing the stem on an A7750 movement just leave it like it is for the moment! Ask your dealer whether he can source you a new stem together with the crown. I am sure he will ;) As soon you have both send it to a modder or go to a local (repfriendly of course) watch smith to replace it. Basically, he will take out the broken stem and put in the new one. Very easy to do if you know how but removing/inserting the stem without knowing how to do it correctly can mess up your movement and then things are getting complicated. Nevertheless, if you feel comftable diy but I would recommend to do the 1st option. Good luck! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I am struggling to find anyone in the UK that can perform the work needed to replace the stem. However I would be happy to risk doing it myself, the only issue I am having is getting the actual stem out given that it is broken! Any advice to coaxing a stem like this out?

• 2 weeks later...

You need to use some very fine point watch tweezers which can be picked up quite cheaply on eBay (looking at mine, size 5sa would probably do the trick). If you can get these in the crown tube and get a good grip on the stem, you should be able to press the release button and hay presto!

If you look around on the boards or do a google search, I'm sure you can find stem removal instructions with blow by blow pictures.

But as the sputim said, only do this if you feel confident.

• 1 year later...