When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help a new member out buying !

asnnghia

Hello,

Let me tell something about myself; I always wanted an Rolex as this is like an achievement but I never really could afford one.. But that was not going to stop me from saving up money to buy my always wanted Submariner. So I planned to buy one around January 2014 as I saved enough money to buy one I ended here while searching around for photos/reviews etc etc.. And well.. I can spent €8000 on one watch.. Or buy an replica for LOTS less.. I dont want to be greedy or anything but it's a lot of money for me to buy an authentic one. I was going to buy one end this month..

As I do not understand 90% of the topics here, talking about bezels, pearls etc etc.. I would like to request some 'noob' 'beginner' 'rookie' help into buying one fine almost authentic looking submariner! Which I will not regret and will save me lots of money.

Thanks in advance,

Nghia

Hi Nghia,

Check out these links - they should explain how the forum works, and serve as a guide through your first (and believe me, many more) rep purchase.

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/85981-hey-noobor-not-so-noobread-this-now/

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/24786-read-our-forum-rules/

Especially pertinent is rule number 2 on the second link. If you can't find any information on one particular subject, try googling your query with "rwg" after the key words. 

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your newfound crippling addiction! :D

Put your money somewhere safe. Buy a TC rep. Wear it until you understand any flaws that bother you. Decide if spending the money on a gen is worth it to YOU. You may end up liking a different model better then the one you originally were going to drop 8k on. I was interested in buying a gen SD, bought a rep and didn't like it after a few weeks. I can afford a gen but as of now I am perfectly happy with my rep. I now have a Milgauss, DDII, and two Daytonas in the mail, lol. Could not afford to do that with gens. Good reps hold there value too so if I ever want to get out of the rep game I can sell them and put it towards a gen. Well, that's my advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I agree about waiting for the next version it has proven lately that the next version isn't always the best. In my opinion a bk v2 ceramic would hold it's weight for many years to come against any out of the box ceramic reps in the near future. bk addresses the issues on his watches were as the next version may correct some flaws but create new flaws that were not an issue in the past watches. Good luck on your buying decision and let us know what you decide!

As much as I agree about waiting for the next version it has proven lately that the next version isn't always the best. In my opinion a bk v2 ceramic would hold it's weight for many years to come against any out of the box ceramic reps in the near future. bk addresses the issues on his watches were as the next version may correct some flaws but create new flaws that were not an issue in the past watches. Good luck on your buying decision and let us know what you decide!

+1 I ordered both and like both but the BK sub c looks like the new sub in the store if that is what you are after. TC a beauty but more vintage look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk