When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seiko.....woooooohoooo

whoever

I've got the same Seiko 5 as Mike and another 3 Monsters plus a quarts that looks almost exactly like your first one.

Seiko make a huge range of watches, and if you're flush, look at the Grand Seikos.

Seiko makes some great watches, with perhaps the best lume going. They make a huge variety of watches, but their Grand Seikos with Spring drive are beautiful ,well made watches that can compete with just about anything out there. They aren't cheap though, some are several thousand dollars each. I believe the biggest problem Seiko faces with their high end watches is the fact that they also make very inexpensive watches as well, and when you get the reputation as being a low end brand, it's very difficult to overcome that stigma. That is one reason why Rolex has never made a cheap "entry level" watch. that was the Tudor.

Thanks for all these great comments! 

So, do i understand i right, Seiko's are actually a great value and a great start to mod ? 

M. there are various versions of the panda, which one do are you looking for? I am me to a huge Panda fan....and always poking for a better solution to my crap version of a speedmaster panda for 90$ with a crooked Omega insigna and and and....etc all is crooked! ;) 

post-29734-0-49691900-1390543033_thumb.j

Edited by whoever
  • Like 1

The Seiko 5 movements are brilliant movements, bombproof, accurate and their auto winding system is simple but so effective. They are also easy to service (which is few and far between!)

I am restoring a vintage one at the moment with the 7009A version of the movement.

Seiko deserve much, much more respect than they get. They rattled the Swiss back in the 70's with these watches ;)

ok i'm hooked! 

It's so great to see after all there is a brand that doesn't need you to be rich to get the entry level watches, and they are beautiful! You can find great great items between 400 and 900$...  

And they're not too much repped no? AND it's Panda dials heaven! 

(i just tipped "panda watch" in Ebay: 

post-29734-0-02739600-1390544108_thumb.j

I've been a fan of Seiko for a long time, but have become more serious as of late.  My latest one is a Sawtooth.  I used to have a Caesar Chrono and like an idiot, sold it.  I started using Watchrecon to replace it with but no luck- either they didn't show up or other people were too fast.  Then I used Google Image search, limited to "past week" and found the non-chrono version (Seiko SKA383P1) listed on German eBay:

Caesar.jpg

SKA383P1.jpg

100% AUTHENTIC AND BRAND NEW SEIKO MENS SCUBA WATCH, SEIKO KINETIC DIVER SERIES, TRUE SCUBA DIVER'S WATCH WITH SCUBA ABILITY, UNI-DIRECTIONAL ROTATING BEZEL, INSTANT START FUNCTION, POWER RESERVE INDICATOR, SEIKO JAPAN KINETIC MOVEMENT OF 6 MONTHS POWER RESERVE CAPABILITY, UNIQUE HOUR & MINUTE HANDS, MONSTER CASE DIAMETER 43MM, THICKNESS 13MM, WEIGH IN AT A MASSIVE 216 GRAM, 200M WR, SCUBA ABILITY, CALENDAR, RIGHT HAND SCREW IN CROWN, SEIKO STEEL BRACELET, DEPLOYMENT CLASP WITH SECURE LOCK, STRONG LUMIBRITE HANDS AND BIG MARKERS, INCLUDING BOX, INCLUDE MANUAL.

THIS WATCH IS VERY BIG AND SOLID. MONSTER CASE DIAMETER 43MM, MASSIVE 216 GRAMS.

What's not to love about this watch?  :)