When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just arrived - Noob V2 Sub-c

tommyv

As described by the previous owner:

What we have here is one of the best examples of the V2 - rehaut engravings are lined up perfectly, date is centered and pearl is 100% in the middle. I have given this watch some slight modding, namely in the rotor and bracelet. The bracelet is really good out of the factory but a few sharp edges here and there sp. on the backside of the middle-links - these have been sanded and polished smooth and the clasp has been slightly worked to get it just like gen. A better and stronger stem has been added to the movement and the rotor has been polished and slightly reshaped to minimize noise - movement has been serviced by my local guy and is now VERY quiet and gen-like in terms of sound. All markers are perfectly aligned on the dial and the crystal has been refitted with a Clark gasket to improve water-resistance - the stock bezel/crystal assembly could actually be pressed in by hand - cyclops is perfectly centered. Bezel operation on this as with most of these is PERFECT and smooth like gen. Really great watch for a small price. Has several scratches and knicks on clasp.

The only major thing this model is missing in my opinion is the better insert. Better SEL, centered everything, and more accurate AR would make it nearly perfect, but the one biggest current flaw remains the insert. 

What's the worst part about it?

Well since that part's being fixed on the v3 the 116610 looks like it's going to be a significant improvement. What about the AR on the cyclops.. how bad is it in every day use?

Unfortunately I have nothing else to compare it with. I had gen sub-c very shortly in my hands before receiving this one. Generally, not too happy with it, it seems to have a blueish hue. 

I have the Noob Sub C v2  that BK worked his majic on and love the watch, but does tend to have a slight hue on the cyclops esecially at the office with the overhead flourescents.  Bracelet is top notch, nicer than my old gen Sub bracelet.  Overall very happy with it and the work BK did on it. 

Isn't BK's work only useful when things aren't aligned to begin with? He does use the swiss version so I suppose it may be worth the additional $200 all-in to get..

What could actually be done about the crystal - remove the AR?

For me it was worth the extra coin.  I do not really work on my watches...yet, so nice to have everything lined up by a pro.  BK great to work with and his work is top notch.  Responsive, helpful and quick.  I am no expert, just like watches, since it is winter cannot really evaluate outside of crappy office lighting conditions, been cloudy here for weeks.  Be able to tell better once weather improves and I can put the top down and go for a drive--and that is when I can really put it to the test.  I can see the difference between the crystals pretty good in the car on sunny day with top down.