When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brand New Trusty Time Planet Ocean Broken

Guest REPPIN

Does anyone know a fix for this...

When I pull the crown out all the way, it hacks, and then i can set the time, however....

When i try to push it back in, it wont "click" so when i start screwing the crown down, the time moves until it catches, then the date clicks forward 2-3 days, then by the time i get the crown screwed down all the way, it catches the date setting "click" and it runs again, but I can never accurately set the time or date.

I think the crown stem is just too short....maybe i can just get another 2836 stem and cut it a bit longer???...Obviously this wasn't "quality control" tested by Andrew like he thinks it was. 

What do you guys think?

Could be that the stem is too short. Also potential that the spring tension in the crown is too low allowing it to compress instead of pushing the keyless works. Thirdly could be that your keyless works are gummed up requiring too much force to shift causing the crown to compress. Are you ever able to get it into winding position? If so is the crown tight against the tube or is there clearance?

When i first pull out the crown, its in winding position. 

I can wind it just fine, but as soon as I pull the crown out, i cant push it back in, the keyless works wont click, so when i start to wind it back down, the date and/or time moves until it gets screwed down tight enough to click it back down.

Could be that the stem is too short. Also potential that the spring tension in the crown is too low allowing it to compress instead of pushing the keyless works. Thirdly could be that your keyless works are gummed up requiring too much force to shift causing the crown to compress. Are you ever able to get it into winding position? If so is the crown tight against the tube or is there clearance?

• 3 weeks later...

Mine's a bit flakey (on a 2836 in a PO from Trusty) too, but not to the same extent. When I push the crown back in after setting the date, it doesn't click back into the winding position so the date continues to change as I screw down the crown. I have to pull it out to the time-set position and then push it all the way back in for it to properly move past the date-set.

I would be interested to hear any ideas on how to fix these problems as well, as I will probably do it myself. REPPIN, I would send it back mate, sounds like yours is quite a lot worse than mine.

• 4 months later...

Been a while since this tread was updated. Same problem with my PO LM Ti. Swiss 2836-2. Will not click pass the time set (hack) position when I push the crown back in after time set. After some jiggling it finally clicks, most often just until I screw it back in. Seems to "jump" pass the date set postion when this occurs (every time I try). It is possible to set date if you pull out from winding pos, but not push back from time set pos.

I've had nothing but problems with Omega reps from the BP factory. Snapped crowns, AR completely wiped off in a week, piece of junk off brand movement installed when I paid for a Swiss ETA w/ Omega engravings. Check out the movement I got instead of the Nickel Plated Swiss. BP Factory SUCKS:

WrongMovement-WrongWatch_zps994fbf15.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Having the same problem with mine, I messed up the keyless works while trying to fix this and swapped the movement. The stem is too short for the case/the crown spring compresses too far to completely engage the stem in the winding position. I have extended the stem as far as I can and it's just not enough. I think the watch needs a longer stem. I am on the lookout for a long version of the 2836 stem... if that exists. I really like my Ceramic PO and hate not being able to wear it.

• Like 1

Having the same problem with mine, I messed up the keyless works while trying to fix this and swapped the movement. The stem is too short for the case/the crown spring compresses too far to completely engage the stem in the winding position. I have extended the stem as far as I can and it's just not enough. I think the watch needs a longer stem. I am on the lookout for a long version of the 2836 stem... if that exists. I really like my Ceramic PO and hate not being able to wear it.

Does your movement have dial feel hook clamps, or dial feet screw clamps? If the latter, an ETA stem won't fit the Z2 POS movement. aka 2813 POS high beat.

Does your movement have dial feel hook clamps, or dial feet screw clamps? If the latter, an ETA stem won't fit the Z2 POS movement. aka 2813 POS high beat.

Also, when the movement is out of the case, everything works great. It's just when there is the restriction of the tube that it won't go all the way in.

From all accounts above it sounds like the issue is the crown. Very similar to the old SOH V2 crown problem. Basically the spring in the crown is too soft and is not enough to overcome the tension in the key less works. So when you try to push in to winding position from date set all that happens is you bottom out the crown against the tube with the movement not changing modes. Sometimes if you pull out to hand setting position and push in quickly the momentum of key less works moving will help it move past and back into winding position.

The fix of an overly longer stem will not fix your problem. At least not entirely. While it will allow you to bottom out the crown and push it back into winding position it will prevent your crown from seating properly when you screw it down. Ideal length may just work, stem exactly the length so that crown is fully compressed when fully screwed down, a nd is worth a try.

Ideal solution is to fix the crown. Theoretically possible to disassemble the crown and rework or replace the spring to give more tension. Or get your hands on a replacement or Gen crown.

• 2 months later...

My advice ... Avoid andrew at trusty time. It's ok if the watch works (for a while) but if your watch doesn't work don't expect any quick responses. Once they have the £££ you are third priority..

That's really unfair. I have purchased many watches from Andrew. One had a problem and he addressed and dealt with me quickly and efficiently. I did send it back and while it took a long time in total, it all worked out fine in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really unfair. I have purchased many watches from Andrew. One had a problem and he addressed and dealt with me quickly and efficiently. I did send it back and while it took a long time in total, it all worked out fine in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the truth. Read my other posts on his treatment towards me. I bought three watches from him that all arrived dead on arrival!! Took me months to get them back and his responses were not as quick as pre sale.

It's the truth. Read my other posts on his treatment towards me. I bought three watches from him that all arrived dead on arrival!! Took me months to get them back and his responses were not as quick as pre sale.

I think that most of our TD's would be the same. These are counterfeit items bought off the internet from someone you don't know 1000's of miles away. The TD's are out to make money, they are not your friend. As long as you managed to get the problems resolved then it's more or less acceptable. If not then contact a moderator here.

Sorry OP, but with my limited knowledge it sounds like the crown spring. I have a similar issue with a UN Maxi Diver. I can just about get around it by pulling the stem out to time setting and pushing it quickly and firmly home. I've been told that it should wear in a bit and get easier.