When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM243 Bezel removal/re-assembly

swdivad

I have a beautiful PAM243 I got from Toro a little while back.

All is really beautiful on this watch except there is a very slight bit of vertical play on the bezel... Not a lot, but enough to "click" when hitting it with my finger, maybe .002" or so.

My idea is to make a gasket out of nylon or teflon and add this in if possible to dampen this slight play.

Would I be in for any surprises when removing it (I picture nuts, bolts, and springs flying all over the place when I take it off LOL

People have suggested using nylon string, which may also be a good option... anything just to take up the slack would be great really...

Can anyone tell me how to remove and re-assemble the bezel on these?

Here's a tutorial on it:

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=106451

From R2D4 on RWI:

Misaligned Markers? Not lining up with the Indices? No worries. Easy fix. Takes 5 minutes. 

1. Tape up your case.
2. Get a couple of exacto blades and a bench knife.
3. work around the four lugs, start with one blade, lift. Add another blade, repeat. Use the bench knife once you get a good clearance. Boom Pops right off.

Don't worry, it's a friction fit cap. I will go back on tight!

IMGP0265.jpg

IMGP0266.jpg

IMGP0269.jpg

If you have a misaligned marker continue to 4. If not, go right to 5 to realign the bezel assembly.

4. Bust off that super glue and unscrew your misaligned bezel marker. Fix it, tighten back up and put on a dab of glue. Done.

5. Remove the tape and line up the 6 and 30, look at 12, see if you like it snap it back on. Done!

Tested and confirmed on V1 and V2 Noob factory. I am sure the H Factory model will will work too.

Enjoy