When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Messi10: Delivery Scam

vikkyrob

Cartier Dispute and Recorded Delivery Scam

I have been having a long running dispute with Messi10 and I think the forum needs to be aware that this post office scam exsists.

• I bought a Cartier Santos Chronograph XL from Messi10 on 11 September 2013 that was supposed to be fully serviced . The watch arrived and it was not keeping good time and the chronos did not work. I sent the watch back to him in Germany.

• He was not in to receive the parcel and he says the post office did not leave a card saying that they had tried to deliver the watch. Two weeks later the watch is returned to me in the UK by the post office.

• I tell him I will send the watch again and so I send it to exactly the same address and the post office tracking details say the watch was signed for at 11:14am on 25 November 2013 by someone called Paul.

• He denies that anyone called Paul lives there but I asked the post office to look into the matter. They wrote to tell me it was signed for at his address and therefore the watch is classed as delivered. They have shown me the signature from someone inside his house that received the parcel.

• I paid €310 for the watch and €20 in postage and he refuses to accept that it is his responsibility in any way.

In future this means that you can send a watch to someone and as long as they sign for it with a random name then they can claim that they never received it and you lose you money!! Be very careful with this man. He sells watches that are in no way the same as advertised and then keeps your money even once you have proven that it is delivered to his address!!

Good luck to you all.

Rob

Rob

I would like to add to this that when I bought a Swiss AP movement from Messi three months ago and when it arrived it did not work at all, I had it serviced and all was good which cost me $150 (£100 in the UK) he told me that the fix was $40 and to send back to him in Germany and he would send it back fixed, I suspect all along he knew something was not right as he said he never used the stem to wind the watch! I gave up trying to get him to contribute and raised it with the mods who were unable to assist. I left him bad feedback, as I see you have and three months later, ie yesterday, he had the audacity to leave me bad feedback when all I did was buy a watch, full asking price and had to have it serviced. This guy is collecting bad feedback everywhere and simply cannot be trusted!

Regards

AJ

Something not right with this guy from what I can make out, his feedback is just a start checkout his posts too  :g: beware..........

Need to get a mod involved with this guy, pricey Daytona he just sold too   :huh:

There are other questionable trades associated with this member.

Just do a search and you would see.

I am very disappointed to see a negative feedback left for my friend AJ, who obviously does not deserve one.

AJ, please get in touch with a mod to get your feedback cancelled.. it is possible. 

There are other questionable trades associated with this member.

Just do a search and you would see.

I am very disappointed to see a negative feedback left for my friend AJ, who obviously does not deserve one.

AJ, please get in touch with a mod to get your feedback cancelled.. it is possible.

+1

Thanks guys, I was 'peeved' when I saw that and it made me wonder what one could do to stop the chances of some mindless fool from giving someone bad press vindictively, unfortunately I am unsure if you can in this situation, what I think is unfortunate is that some mindless idiot can, several months later decide to rant and do this because they choose to purely in spite or some sadistic way of trying to even the score, surely that is not what it is meant for.

I left negative feedback and did not go public because Messi was unwilling to contribute towards the required service of the movement that clealry had winding issues and required three wheels to be replaced due to the winder not operating properly. I was happy with the watch as it was a gift for a friend, I was also happy to get it repaired in a controlled manner, ie someone I know here in the UK, I did not want to take the chance of sending t0 back to Germany were a $40 fix was diagnosed by Messi and his watchsmith without seeing it and also when he told me, oh, I never wind it so I did not know. I shake it! Really !

It physically cost me £100 with Alex in the UK to get it fixed and serviced, that's his charge period, all I ever asked for was a contribution, even if it amounted to the ridiculous $40 plus the shipping costs he would have incurred, if he had contributed $50 I would have thought that would be fair, I told him about the issue immediately and he chose not to assist me in sorting it out, I still have the damaged wheels from the repair and indeed sent him photos of them.If there was any justice and for the protection of other unsuspecting members this guy should have his arse kicked out before he continues in his less than proper manner and screws other people up.

Best regards

AJ

Thanks guys, I was 'peeved' when I saw that and it made me wonder what one could do to stop the chances of some mindless fool from giving someone bad press vindictively, unfortunately I am unsure if you can in this situation, what I think is unfortunate is that some mindless idiot can, several months later decide to rant and do this because they choose to purely in spite or some sadistic way of trying to even the score, surely that is not what it is meant for.

I left negative feedback and did not go public because Messi was unwilling to contribute towards the required service of the movement that clealry had winding issues and required three wheels to be replaced due to the winder not operating properly. I was happy with the watch as it was a gift for a friend, I was also happy to get it repaired in a controlled manner, ie someone I know here in the UK, I did not want to take the chance of sending t0 back to Germany were a $40 fix was diagnosed by Messi and his watchsmith without seeing it and also when he told me, oh, I never wind it so I did not know. I shake it! Really !

It physically cost me £100 with Alex in the UK to get it fixed and serviced, that's his charge period, all I ever asked for was a contribution, even if it amounted to the ridiculous $40 plus the shipping costs he would have incurred, if he had contributed $50 I would have thought that would be fair, I told him about the issue immediately and he chose not to assist me in sorting it out, I still have the damaged wheels from the repair and indeed sent him photos of them.If there was any justice and for the protection of other unsuspecting members this guy should have his arse kicked out before he continues in his less than proper manner and screws other people up.

Best regards

AJ

And in that manner, we should be able to prevent and/or rectify bad feedback left for others in an unjustified manner.

For example, what's stopping anyone from leaving 10 bad feedbacks for someone else without rhyme or reason?

Perhaps a mandatory link to the sales thread should be included, and members should be given a chance to appeal bad feedback.

It would give more credit to the RWG feedback system.

Just a thought. 

And in that manner, we should be able to prevent and/or rectify bad feedback left for others in an unjustified manner.

For example, what's stopping anyone from leaving 10 bad feedbacks for someone else without rhyme or reason?

Perhaps a mandatory link to the sales thread should be included, and members should be given a chance to appeal bad feedback.

It would give more credit to the RWG feedback system.

Just a thought.

Indeed, a link to the sale thread is a very good idea. As for Messi10, a swift smack with the ban hammer seems a good idea too.

Indeed, a link to the sale thread is a very good idea. As for Messi10, a swift smack with the ban hammer seems a good idea too.

I Think also, Messi10 is a man who needs a very big Hammer ban.

Guys like him are not good for the Forum.The hole name from him sayed evrything...!!!

Dear Admins,Please put him out,he´s a bad guy,he do not answer,and he only want to make profit with bad watches.Pfui...

Gents, he is indeed a candidate for the Ban Hammer.  But that puts him out of reach by our contact methods here for anyone still doing business with him.

I put him in suspension for two weeks and set him so any posts or new content require my approval.  He is still accessible by PM however.

We'll see if this coerces him to play nice in our sandbox.

Gents, he is indeed a candidate for the Ban Hammer.  But that puts him out of reach by our contact methods here.

I think for now, a nice timeout is in order. 

Bye bye Gracie.

Nanuq, can the negative feedback he's left for members be removed?

Nanuq, can the negative feedback he's left for members be removed?

Absolutely.  His negative feedback for these transactions is inappropriate and completely unwarranted. 

Please let me know if you received any.

The problem Nanuq has mentioned has arisen a few times now that I can think of.

As there are a number of user "levels", it should be trivial to add another user level, "suspended", that allows the user to post in one forum, a Suspended Members forum, only, and they can also respond to PMs, but not initiate any new PM conversations.

Plus the user is not allowed to edit their profile in any way, or delete it.

Admin or a mod can then change the users sig to say they have bed suspended and to see 'this' post for more information.

Stops them posting more sale or wanted posts, stops them doing any underhand sales, stops them starting PM convos to sell stuff but allows them to respond to any PM convos in question and to respond to the thread(s) in 'Suspended' forum about them.

• Like 3

Can I just say while this seems like a scam once I bought a bit of technology for $700. It was delivered to the wrong address by the post office and someone signed for it. I enquired with the post office and they said there's nothing we could do it's been delivered and signed for. I eventually guessed that it may have gone to the wrong address (it went to 68 instead of 86) and tried my luck and they had my item. They said they were going to return it to me but who believes them.

Has any mod picked up on this thread?

Doesn't look like it so far, and that just ain't right.

These forums depend completely on the integrity of its contributors, and once a member is shown to have crossed the line they need to be dealt with for the benefit of the 99.9% of good guys.

vikkyrob - I suggest you PM a mod if you haven't already. 

I have spoken to the moderators and they said to expose him like I have. I still think they should just ban him and ensure that his IP address is unable to register under a new name. Hence why I have put up his name and address so that he can't just register a new profile.

• 3 weeks later...