When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Benefit Raffle for member Hambone: please read

Legend

Hello guys, 

Yes this is the one and the same Mike on a Bike was talking about. Lets continue the discussion from here.

Mike and I have decided to raise some funds for our fellow member Hambone.

We are in regular communication with Hambone (Eric) for the past few months. Eric had the misfortune of contracting a disease of the liver, which is incurable, and his health has debilitated enough to impede any realistic employment opportunities. Eric's dad has also recently been diagnosed with bladder cancer. So it is a case of the ill trying to give care to the ill. I can imagine that it would be a very onerous, difficult and painful time for Eric.

As such, I am going to organize a raffle for our fellow member Eric, with the guidance and support of Mike (on a Bike) I am reaching out to the charity, kindness and benevolence in each one of you, to support me in this event. While we walk around with nice and impressive timepieces on our wrists, let us not forget our less fortunate brethen. We are not a charity, but we are charitable folks with big hearts. Buy a ticket at the upcoming raffle, help a fellow member out,  and stand a chance to win some nice watches.

For members who are contributing watches for sale, or wish to contribute watches please send me a PM with the details.

I will be donating $5 for every raffle ticket purchased, to Hambone. 

Lets not make this about pity, my fellow RWGians, but about kindness and compassion. A little from you, would go a long way for our fellow member in need.

Thank you very much in advance, and stay tuned please. 

You have my support, let's help a friend, that's what this place is all about

And you got my thanks and respect mate. I remember you're always one of the first few to offer your hand in stuff like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my country there's a strong belief that you should always give help wherever it is needed, any kind of help, monetary or not because you never know when you'll need some good luck yourself. So I look forward to helping out. Hope you get better, Eric.

+1

In another word, accumulating good Karma. Thank you kindly.

Alvin/Mike

Count me in and let me know what you need. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Regards

AJ

It would be nice mate if you could contribute one of your amazing pieces for sale in this raffle. ;)

I'm very humbled by this gesture. Thank you . RWG members are amazing individuals.

You are a strong individual who keeps going on and on in the face of adversity and tragedy.

I salute you. 

Alvin, and RWG members, again I'm at a loss for words,(highly unusual as everyone knows), however, I find it almost incomprehensible,

that the gallant souls, whom I only know through the written word extend the care and concern, that even my relatives don't exhibit.

I wish that you all have much prosperity and good health. Thank you so very kindly.

Alvin, and RWG members, again I'm at a loss for words,(highly unusual as everyone knows), however, I find it almost incomprehensible,

that the gallant souls, whom I only know through the written word extend the care and concern, that even my relatives don't exhibit.

I wish that you all have much prosperity and good health. Thank you so very kindly.

Eric my friend, this community is a lot more about watches.

Its about friendship, knowledge, and making life better for one another in various ways. 

I will do what I can, within my means, to help you and others in need.. 

Alone, we may accomplish little, but together, we can do a lot. 

:)

Anything I can do to help. Remember guys, none of us can foresee the future. Next week, next month, next year, heck, tomorrow, it could be one of us who has some reversal, health, economic, family, we just don't know. So please support this good cause.  

For guys who are donating, I will be making a list of everything I received at the end for the raffle and donations and I will be disclosing it to you guys for transparency.

Member Hambone would like to thank you guys in person I'm sure! 

Yes I would like to express my gratitude in person. Anyone who passes through Las Vegas, (A required task for RWG members ;))

PM me and I'll be pleased to meet you.

My deepest appreciation,

Eric

Im extending the raffle into a donation section for those of you that didn't get a chance. $20 each spot. Im matching each donation spot. Please see the thread in the for sale section to participate.

Thanks and cheers.