When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New watch, Which datejust/DayDate?

Liberacee

Hey guys,

I was thinking about a new addition, but wanted to get expert advise on where I can acquire THE best DayDate/DateJust available. I will be switching out the face and date wheel for gen. What do you guys suggest? I was hoping on a presidential strap.

Anyway, any help/comments are very much appreciated!

Thanks

Spenny-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best?

Might want to narrow that down a bit. Means different things to different people. Not to mention there are hundreds of DJ and DD options available. It's a bit like saying I want to buy the best car.

Are you looking for the best out of the box, without doing any mods, or a franken with mostly genuine parts?

If it's the latter, and you don't want to go to mymanmatt, then you'll have to collect the parts yourself and build it, or send it to an EU watchmaker for assembly. DateJusts are pretty easy to find gen parts for. It's probably the best starter franken you can build.

If you just want something good enough out of the box, then Sead had some pretty good DateJust offerings recently with ETA (stated) movements. He can ship from the UK, so that' s probably your best bet.

The DayDate's are a bit trickier to build frankens of, but I'm sure Sead could probably find you a good out of the box rep of one of those too. Just contact him and tell him what you are looking for.

• Like 2

Matt is awesome.  He is presently building me a gold DD, and he can do basically anything.  He has most everything in stock and you can add as many gen parts as you want.  Plus he is a really good guy and is patient, responsive, and knowledgeable--a true professional.  He will do modern or vintage or whatever.  I can post some pics of the build if you want. 

Matt is awesome. He is presently building me a gold DD, and he can do basically anything. He has most everything in stock and you can add as many gen parts as you want. Plus he is a really good guy and is patient, responsive, and knowledgeable--a true professional. He will do modern or vintage or whatever. I can post some pics of the build if you want.

Thank you for your response, yes that would be great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk