When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sosf hour hand stuck!

bvc

Hi guys

Anyone familiar with this one.

Been wearing swiss steel fish for a month on and off, but last night hour hand stuck on 11 second hand going round but nothing else. So I adjusted it to the correct time now its losing hours a day and the hour hand is pointing at the half hour when the minute hand is on 12.

Paid top dollar for this, and treated with care. I'm thinking its not a quick fix, hoping I'm proved wrong.

Cheers

Bvc.

post-16871-0-45644300-1392310503_thumb.jpost-16871-0-29367300-1392310522_thumb.j

No offence taken mate. I now realise I have to do 2 things.

1) upgrade, as I can no longer stand taking all the advice and help without giving something back.

2) buy some tools and get reading.

Suppose that's 3 but hey you get my drift.

Bvc.

Guys please note I didn't mention sead on this thread. Lol! But yes it was him and he's communicating with me so we will see what happens.

The hour hand is likely catching on the Breitling logo, which is quite raised.  I have had two SOSF now, both had this issue.  If the hour hand has been pressed too far down its pinion, the hour hand will stop, and catch the left wing of the logo.  Pressing the hour hand down almost correctly, the hour hand can brush the logo causing lume damage.

I am in EU and can fix this for you, drop me a pm, unless you prefer UK only.

Edited by SSTEEL
  • Like 1

Hi guys thanks for all the advice. Sead has offered to sort it so ill be sending her back. The hour hand getting caught on the logo makes sense as the tip of the wing is right on the 11 marker. Where it originally stopped. I thought it was out of charge but clearly it was stuck. It's buggered it up now though coz hour hand is on the half hour and the date changes at 8pm now not 12.

Cheers

Bvc.

Small development. I've let the watch run and it has indeed got stuck at 11. Exactly on the left wing of the logo. This has in fact enabled me to Adjust the hands to correct setting because the minute hand can be set. So watch now reads exactly 11pm.

Of course the date still sets at 8pm but I could live with that strangely enough!

If I'm gonna ship it, it will go to sead (thanks for the offer though ssteel) but could this be sorted inexpensively by a local watchsmith? Or is it buggered, should I just let sead sort it.

Cheers guys

Bvc.

Hey mike,

Is that the tappa talking or the jack daniels? I think your saying let sead deal with it? I understand its not his fault and I'm cool with that. I really appreciate him entertaining the issue. Got a couple off cracking prezzies from sixx today so I'm feeling a bit better today.

Bvc.

Hey jerkstore. I agree I really don't want to send it back. Not just for my sake but seads (I'm sure he's sick of newbies moaning) if its that easy a job I would happily pay for a local guy to sort it.

I'm assuming its movement out and slight raise of the hour hand so it clears the logo. I'm even tempted if I can get clear confirmation its the logo to try it myself.

Bvc.

• 2 weeks later...

Found a great little repair guy near me. Spoke a bit about what he can do. No movement work but Happy to do dial work, hands stem/ crown replacement. loads of tools and bits in his kiosk. Showed him sosf he was quite impressed. he had an old tag quartz on.

He then tried to take control of the situation by telling me how horrific Chinese movements are and that inside it would be piece of junk. Handed her over and he commented on the weight. Blimey he says that feels alright don't it?

Yeh I replies, so now his time to shine, with a little smirk on his face as if to say you ready for his sonny...he opens the case back, bloody hell he goes, that's an eta in there, out comes his eye glass, takes a sniff, bloody hell, that's a SWISS eta mate. (Sead comes up trumps) Where did you get this?

Fix me watch and I might tell you, go back today all done. Even set the date to change at midnight again. What's the damage mate? No charge sir just tell me where I can get one. I says the same place I got these. Out comes a super avenger, and a sixx bones bce and crpo. He nearly falls over. Massive smile on his face. Tries them on and begs me to get him a brietling. Told him to visit rwg and that I'd see him soon for some stem work. ;-)

Bvc

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigdav13

Found a great little repair guy near me. Spoke a bit about what he can do. No movement work but Happy to do dial work, hands stem/ crown replacement. loads of tools and bits in his kiosk. Showed him sosf he was quite impressed. he had an old tag quartz on.

He then tried to take control of the situation by telling me how horrific Chinese movements are and that inside it would be piece of junk. Handed her over and he commented on the weight. Blimey he says that feels alright don't it?

Yeh I replies, so now his time to shine, with a little smirk on his face as if to say you ready for his sonny...he opens the case back, bloody hell he goes, that's an eta in there, out comes his eye glass, takes a sniff, bloody hell, that's a SWISS eta mate. (Sead comes up trumps) Where did you get this?

Fix me watch and I might tell you, go back today all done. Even set the date to change at midnight again. What's the damage mate? No charge sir just tell me where I can get one. I says the same place I got these. Out comes a super avenger, and a sixx bones bce and crpo. He nearly falls over. Massive smile on his face. Tries them on and begs me to get him a brietling. Told him to visit rwg and that I'd see him soon for some stem work. ;-)

Bvc

quality story mate