When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Important Bergies announcement.

KB

First I would like to apologise for going missing but my computer went down and needed fixing.

Now I want to quickly outline some other problems I have had.

The first is a PP random check, this is no customers fault but it meant my PP account could not be used until I could prove to PP that I am not trading in illegal goods, not an easy job and still not resolved.

The second however is a PP dispute initiated by a customer through his CC based entirely on buyers remorse.

This customer purchased (with other goods) 2 jackets, when the goods arrived he made a number of claims of poor quality and various other faults.

Based on this and giving him the benefit of the doubt I had him mail these jackets to me, upon receiving them I have found not one quality or fault issue so I questioned the buyer.

It was then that he made claims of over pricing of these items and pointed to Diystorm pricing of one of the jackets, of course I mentioned the very clear quality difference between me and this canal street quality dealer but he even went as far as suggest that I stole their photo to list my jacket. Obviously it was the other way around.

Anyway to cut a long story short I told him that the factory will not replace (and never refund) a non faulty item and the only way I could refund him would to be to physically buy the items off his, even though no one in my family was of that size.

I told him that he will just have to take it on the chin as one does when they find something they bought online does not float their boat when it arrives but I offered to pay out of my own pocket to post them back.

Of course this was just before CNY which is one of the very few times on the year that I spend a little time with my family so I am not on the forum.

The customer however, after taking his own sweet time to send the items to me expect them to be sent back immediately, even though I did pop in a couple of times to say after CNY.

So this is where I am at, there is no point in fighting this unrealistic claim, he will get his money back and then I will contact every dealer and board admin to have him removed from a hobby that he is just too immature to participate in, unless of course he drops the claim.

But more to the point I can no longer offer PP to unknown customers, this hobby has increasingly become a shopping ground for the type that will use PP as a tool to get every unreasonable claim they want.

Effective immediately any new customer (not including senior board members) will need to purchase from Bergies by WU only, I will however offer a $20 discount for any order over $200 to help with the fee.

These new customers will still get the same Bergies before and after purchase service and every fair claim will be addressed as I always have.

As my PP account is still currently locked any returning customer who wishes to make a purchase will also need to use WU at this time but trusted customers will get a $30 discount until my PP is running again.

Thank you

Ken

And not only that but Paypal now black lists your IP, if you lose your account you can only get another from a different computer.

A buyer like the above, who initially was happy to pay the cost of the item, who then decides he will attempt to take the dealer down because 'Hey it just didn't look like I thought it should' should stick to shopping locally because he simply does not have the the ability to function as part of the replica community, he is just to self centered.

Ken

• Like 1

Oh man not another [censored]. Sorry to hear this Ken.

I know I haven't used you yet but certainly intend to when things pick up on my side.

I agree with your policy, only offer repeat customers PayPal but I would also add "and they have spent more than $50" to stop any scammer buying a $5 ring the first time and then trying to scam via PP.

Damn There are Always those who ruin it for ohters hobe you get it sorted out kb

If you tell me where he lives i can drop a bomb in his doorstep if im flying by (just kidding ) :)

• Like 1

That sucks, sorry. What is your URL for ordering anyways? 

He has a storefront here on this forum. He runs Bergie's 

He also has a very new web store. Replica Plaza

Neither of these places show even a fraction of what he can supply. If you want it, and don't see it ... email and ask. Just a note .. KB refuses to sell B-grade goods. If it's not available in high-quality, more than likely he will pass on it.

Hi ken,

Although i may not know you,or wad's actually going on,i rather feel sorry for your plight.As i'm running my own business too.

Sometimes justice just cannot be done when facing this kinda consumers.

Hope you get your pp back real soon.

And to that particular one that sabotaged a man just trying to make a living by earning peanuts,SHAME ON YOU!!!

Just some feedback I am getting is that customers feel somewhat uncomfortable with WU.

Obviously this would be because they simply do not get the protection that Paypal offers, but that is exactly why I will not offer Paypal to new buyers anymore.

I think everyone has to understand the situation like this...

I have been dealing on this board for 8 years (as well as being one of the boards founders) which means I have a great deal to lose if I should decide to start scamming customers.

Most new customers do not even have a single post, there simply is no pressure on them not to use PP to rip off the dealer, the simple fact that these guys go straight to PP without even trying to air their grievance on the forum tells you they know they are in the wrong.

So apologies to everyone but I either I take these steps to protect myself or I simply close shop.

Ken 

I am sorry to hear about this KB.

You're a good guy and I have no issues with your communications or business integrity, and I hate to see some ill-informed noob do this to you.

I want to order something off you mate, is WU the only option now?

thank you kindly

A

I think it's a relatively new problem (in general) that has arisen at the same time that online shopping has become popular.

People can sit on their armchair and browse a store that is physically the other side of the world, and with a few clicks, choose, order and pay for stuff.

They have to realise if goods have travelled 2000 miles to their front door, if there's a problem the goods have to travel the 2000 miles back to the store to be sorted out. If I bought a loaf of bread from the corner shop and it was mouldy I wouldn't phone up the credit card company and get them to get my money back, I'd go round to the shop and exchange it. What would be the point in solving it any other way?

PayPal really is bad news, it lets the customer ignore their responsibilities and common decency and just screw the dealers over. It completely relies on every single buyer and seller being honest and decent, and cannot cope fairly with anything else.

• Like 1

I personally don't like WU because it is a pain in the ass to setup. I tried once and you have to go into a Western Union retail location and complete the registration. Then you have the exorbitant fees. The only people that use Western Union in the United States are people who send money to jails and prisons. There are just too many better options to bother with it.