When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

44mm forged carbon ROO from Puretime

Legend

Guys, 

I am one of the pre-order guys. Order placed around 7th Jan 2014 and since then, zero response from them on delivery.

How many of you are in the same boat?

I am going to cancel my order with PT today. Its 18th Feb today in Singapore, and more than 40 days since my order was placed without any updates nor replies to 3 emails sent in the span of 4 weeks. I am no noob when it comes to the rep purchase procedure and I do understand about CNY, being one of those who celebrate it! But hey, CNY is over guys, and still no response.

This is absurd and very complacent. What do they think? That they are the only dealer in the entire world? 

For those who are still waiting, you may wish to do the same to let PT know what is acceptable and what is not.

No doubt I have had pleasant transactions with them, but this one is clearly unacceptable.

If a few folks did that (cancel) I would bet it would get their attention. These guys have sold so many Rolexes, they believe that they ARE Rolex!! Kick everyone around and they just keep coming back for more.

I think that the one thing that folks cannot abide is lack of communication. A simple mass email to every preorder person, "sorry guys, the watch is delayed for xx days or weeks, due to some improvements that we asked the factory to make" now everyone is happy at least for a week or so. Silence always takes on sinister connotations, " they have a problem, something bad is wrong, they went south with all the deposit money,etc.,etc."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If a few folks did that (cancel) I would bet it would get their attention. These guys have sold so many Rolexes, they believe that they ARE Rolex!! Kick everyone around and they just keep coming back for more.

I think that the one thing that folks cannot abide is lack of communication. A simple mass email to every preorder person, "sorry guys, the watch is delayed for xx days or weeks, due to some improvements that we asked the factory to make" now everyone is happy at least for a week or so. Silence always takes on sinister connotations, " they have a problem, something bad is wrong, they went south with all the deposit money,etc.,etc."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly A.. very high-handed once the money are all in their hands.

I bet they would learn only when the ruckus is loud enough.

I do not think its a sound business practice, holding everyone's money with no end in sight, and communicating only to the select few with whom the business operator within the confines of his comfort zone.

Well, I would rather not have the watch even if its exclusively offered by Puretime.

I have learnt my lesson and I am not going to repeat my mistake.

I must be honest and say that this is, in my opinion an unusual lack of communication and Angus/Andrew/Josh get to know the regular guys and respond well. If I were you Alvin i'd send a final note demanding a response or you will cancel and give them 24hrs, as Sky above says, if you really want it what is a few days, we know that CNY has a profound and detrimental affect on their business, it possibly shouldn't have, however it has.

Regards

AJ

Guys and Alvin my Bro,

I have a few emails from PT tonight here in AU,  let me just say they wont be ready for quite some time and lets say weeks, i opted for the panda which is sposeds to be instock and im afraid i got told its the next batch :( 

So in effect ive canned my order and bought 2 AP's tonight of a good friends of mine :)

my .02 and CNY or not communications are key, i bet if some PP disputes were in place the head would come off the Pillow, anyway ive requested a refund.  FWIW Ryan has them all in stock if anyones keen, hes sending the the 44mm FC which was supposedly pre-order with PT this week.

Cheers

Daz

I canceled mine and ordered with Ryan. The only thing I'm pissed off about is my refund. I paid $793 with shipping and this is what I got via paypal

$704.00 USD

Fee amount:

-$27.76 USD

Net amount:

$676.24 USD

That's $117 less!

That's the problem with PayPal, you end up paying the fees on both ends of the transaction, which isn't fair. also why was the PayPal gross refund 704.00 USD and you paid 793. hard to believe that 117.00 USD was shipping and PP fees? I believe I would ask for and explanation on that deal!!

Cancelled mine at PT and now waiting for a refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have no idea when they are coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get prepared to lose some money...

After wiring $793 and being refunded $704 I only got back $676 in the end. $117 loss in the process.

Oh well, lesson learned. Order from TD with better communication, and don't jump on the band wagon to pre-order because more than likely you'll still get your watch.

Get prepared to lose some money...

After wiring $793 and being refunded $704 I only got back $676 in the end. $117 loss in the process.

Oh well, lesson learned. Order from TD with better communication, and don't jump on the band wagon to pre-order because more than likely you'll still get your watch.

Thats ludicrous isn't it? 

I would ask you to contact your credit company, show them the cancellation email, show them the original amount you paid for, and get every cent back.

why should PT benefit from holding your money for a long time without communication, and then getting $117 for nothing?

Does it sound like something you, or any of us, should accept?

Thats ludicrous isn't it? 

I would ask you to contact your credit company, show them the cancellation email, show them the original amount you paid for, and get every cent back.

why should PT benefit from holding your money for a long time without communication, and then getting $117 for nothing?

Does it sound like something you, or any of us, should accept?

Its unacceptable IMHO :)

Just got an email from Ryan

"We communicated with the factory and we have some news which you may not like. They said that they would like to work on improving the handset of the FC ROO 44mm; thus, we can only show you QC images after about 7 days."

Bro APNoobster,

So what does it means?

Meaning the 44mm cannot be bought yet,have to wait for a newer version?

Just got an email from Ryan

"We communicated with the factory and we have some news which you may not like. They said that they would like to work on improving the handset of the FC ROO 44mm; thus, we can only show you QC images after about 7 days."

Yes that's what I've been talking about. Delays and issues exist and are acceptable. Just communicate them to the buyers! :)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk