When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this 5513 worth the price of $4450

F.Castro

Case/caseback: $2k

Bezel assembly: $700 (However, I'm not convinced that's a gen bezel)

Insert$ 500

Dial/hands: $1200

cal 1520: $1000

Total: $5400

It's worth more than $4450 if you parted it out. Is the 93150 included?  If so that's worth another $600-700 if in good shape.

So to answer your question.  Yes, it's worth it for the price assuming all the parts are gen.

Is the dial period correct?  As @l&t said, probably not.

How about this one, worth the money?

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=321108

Worth is relative.  But I'd rather pay $5500 for the '67 than $4500 for the '79.   Jacek is a well known seller on VRM as well.  I think you could buy the  '67 will full confidence.

Replace the service with a superdome though.  That MF dial is superb.  

ok. I'll say it,  I don't think you're ready to buy.   

I suggest you hold off until you know exactly what you want before plopping down $5k.  You just went through 3 eras of 5513's in the span of a few hours.

Yes, all three, in their own way are beautiful, but ask yourself what you really want and why.  Is there any significance for you for a '89 5513 over a '67 meters first or vice versa?  

Maybe pick your birth year and go from there.

Once you decide, scour the earth looking for the right one.  You will appreciate the hunt alot more.

• Like 1

dbane,

I agree wholehardedly...Spend several weeks on VRF & you'll see many 5513's, you'll learn plenty & your comfort w/ grow plenty! Don't buy until you understand the variations of your model....Learning is very satisfying....A 5513 is a great choice!

Best, mcotter

Love the birth year idea. I struggle with same issue. I like this one, Like that one....Did the same thing with a corvette a few years back. Had many over the years and like most models from 56-72. Was looking for another and looking at all those different years and models. Driving myself and those around me nuts...Picked birth year as starting point and bought 1966 L88 Roadster. At least by picking the year was able to narrow down the search....this is great idea for watches too. Thanks for that. I see a 1966 GMT in my future:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk