When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just received my TUDOR BB Heritage from PureTime

jex

Hi,

Last Week i decided i needed to get a nice rep to replace my Dior homme Chiffre rouge that was stolen from me.

I did some research and i found the Tudor Black Bay Heritage. I Ordered it on the 14 then had some QC images and the watch was shipped on the 21. I received it Today by EMS with no trouble at customs so at this point everything was great...

Until i sat time...

At the moment i unscrewed the crown, the spring popped up with the crown...

I am not able to post pics so it's hard to explain.

i contacted puretime and am waiting for them to answer. I hope i won't have to send it back to china...

If someone have an idea on what to do with that please do not hesitate posting.

Thx

Best solution is to send angus an email & show him the pics...

Then send back to him & get him replaced since you didnt even wear it as you mentioned...

The crown just popped out as you unscrew...

But make sure to check on the shipping charges before you send back & see whether its justifiable...

Just my 2 cts tot...

For ease I would simply ask for a new crown and stem set up as this is very easy to change and will never cause any issues with customs. It should also be with you in a week.

Regards

AJ

yeah i'm waiting for puretime's answer, perhaps thats the best way to go.

anyway thx

What bad luck on the very first day. Luckily it´s very easy to fix and there are tutorials around. Just have to get the replacement and open the caseback. Wish You fast resolution of this. So ok the Tudor is like all others there are good ones and bad ones despite the high price-tag.

Just to let you know :

I understand but sending it back to china is too risky. It'll have to go through the customs 2 times.

Please ask the manufacturer for a new crown as he will change it anyway and it would cost you less in shipping. I have been discussing this issue on RWG forum and it appears to be the simpliest way for both of us.

Le 25 févr. 2014 à 09:19, PureTime Repair <puretime.repair@gmail.com> a écrit :

Dear Sir 

Sorry to inform you that we have no crown now ,because this watch has been sold out ,so the only way to solve the problem is send the watch back to the manufacturer ,they will fulfill the part free ,sir .So would you like to send the watch back ,you can choose the Airmail ,the shipping fee just $15 .About the resend fee ,we will responsible ,sir .

------------------ Original ------------------

Date:  Tue, Feb 25, 2014 03:23 PM

To:  "PureTime Repair"<puretime.repair@gmail.com>;

Subject:  Re: Pure Time Order ID54875 Quality Check Images

Can you please send me a working crown so i could have it repaired ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 25 févr. 2014 à 05:28, "PureTime Repair" <puretime.repair@gmail.com> a écrit :

I am very sorry to hear that your watch is broken.

Please bear in mind a few things, if you wish us to fix your watch:

We will accept no responsibility if something happens during shipping to and from us

In case you choose us to fix it for you, I have already attached the repair form you to

print out and fill in. Please include this with your watch when sending it back to us.

Instructions:

1. Make sure it is typewritten.

2. Please remember to write the problems as clearly as possible so we can take care of all

the problems efficiently.

3. IMPORTANT: Please declare the parcel as a “gift” or “accessories” and with a value

lower than US$30 (DO NOT MENTION IT IS  a watch ,please,so it can pass customs easily).

4. DO NOT ship the package by FedEx, DHL, UPS, and TNT, please only ship back with EMS (if available) or registered Airmail.

Please mail me back of the tracking number

This is unfortunate and due to the high demand which will calm down in several weeks.

I have successfully sent back, had repaired and returned so its not the end of the world just will test your patience!

Regards

AJ

it seems i won't have the choice ;)

Just to let you know :

I understand but sending it back to china is too risky. It'll have to go through the customs 2 times.

Please ask the manufacturer for a new crown as he will change it anyway and it would cost you less in shipping. I have been discussing this issue on RWG forum and it appears to be the simpliest way for both of us.

Le 25 févr. 2014 à 09:19, PureTime Repair <puretime.repair@gmail.com> a écrit :

Dear Sir 

Sorry to inform you that we have no crown now ,because this watch has been sold out ,so the only way to solve the problem is send the watch back to the manufacturer ,they will fulfill the part free ,sir .So would you like to send the watch back ,you can choose the Airmail ,the shipping fee just $15 .About the resend fee ,we will responsible ,sir .

I had the same reply with my (BB movement problem) i was not prepared to risk sending it back and requested a replacement movement this was refused as they can not send a spare movement, i replied and i got only silence i could have sent them the sick movement if they wanted , i was dissapointed and had to fix the movement to my expense the buyer (has to accept this) in the rep world and returning the watch will cost the buyer not to mention again the custom risks  but then again i have been down this road a few times now !

Edited by aeromatic
  • Like 1

I had the same reply with my (BB movement problem) i was not prepared to risk sending it back and requested a replacement movement this was refused as they can not send a spare movement, i replied and i got only silence i could have sent them the sick movement if they wanted , i was dissapointed and had to fix the movement to my expense the buyer (has to accept this) in the rep world and returning the watch will cost the buyer not to mention again the custom risks  but then again i have been down this road a few times now !

I am lucky they sent me a new crown but i'll have to have it repaired at my own costs too.

It's disturbing to receive a watch that brokes the first time tour try to use it, i'll consider that eventuality with a 20$ watch but we are talking about 350$ !!!

Not sure it's worth it, perhaps i'll go with gen now...

I am lucky they sent me a new crown but i'll have to have it repaired at my own costs too.

It's disturbing to receive a watch that brokes the first time tour try to use it, i'll consider that eventuality with a 20$ watch but we are talking about 350$ !!!

Not sure it's worth it, perhaps i'll go with gen now...

I think that at the end of the day they end up costing us more, these reps are over priced and hyped up with 1-1 gen like construction advert i ordered the bay so i would not need to mod it but it seems you have to expect it with regards to so called QC i am getting more and more into fantasy builds using sterile cases and gen eta movements no stress trying to get it 100 percent gen like 

I think that at the end of the day they end up costing us more, these reps are over priced and hyped up with 1-1 gen like construction advert i ordered the bay so i would not need to mod it but it seems you have to expect it with regards to so called QC i am getting more and more into fantasy builds using sterile cases and gen eta movements no stress trying to get it 100 percent gen like

The problem is they charge the inflated prices and we keep paying it. Until we stop buying them at these high prices, they're only going to continue to climb.