When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received my Diver V5 and V5.1

First of all the watches are very similar...BUT the one big difference that you can tell right away is the AR on the 5.1 is much better. Watch looks amazing.

I do however have an issue with the V5.1...it looks like a particle of dust or something else got under the crystal when it was being assembled. If I have it disassembled and cleaned then assembled will it still be waterproofed? I received a slip saying it was tested and it passed. 

Pay attention between the "17" and "18". I didnt notice it in the QC photos I supposed.

V5 on left

NFFaeDC.jpg

Ah3GCIX.jpg

Definitely something there. hard to tell what it is, but it's not supposed to be there. AFA the Water resistance, if it's all put back correctly, it should be but no guarantee unless it's pressure tested again. should only have to take the back off and uncase the movement to get to the dial, so crystal shouldn't be disturbed, but you have to take the stem out and put it back, plus seal up the back, so I would not assume it still is water resistant. And to be honest with you, I would not believe a TD that it was tested and passed. If they leave crap inside on the dial, who knows how skillful they were in closing up the watch.

The testing done by the TD is not professional work. I imagine a glass of water at the end of an assembly line. 10% of the watches go into the water. The ones that don't fog up get shipped as water proof. If theres one that fails the chinese kid that assembled it gets a beating.

"I would not believe a TD that it was tested and passed" bet my life on that one..................

"The testing done by the TD is not professional work. I imagine a glass of water at the end of an assembly line. 10% of the watches go into the water. The ones that don't fog up get shipped as water proof. If theres one that fails the chinese kid that assembled it gets a beating." LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Nice comparison pics, thx for sharing. The bezel numbers on the V5.1 are smaller, how noticeable is it on the wrist? Any more differences apart from the crystal ar? As You have both for now this is most interesting:)