When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

FakeWatchBusta

Limestone

Just had to share this..

An instagram account focusing on calling out IG users fake watches.

Call himself The horological Batman

http://instagram.com/FakeWatchBusta

:)  :)  :)

EDIT: he has a tumblr also..
http://watchbuster.tumblr.com/

Maybe this is common, but I havn´t seen these "blogs" before, targeting social media users.

I have only seen pages which take on the replica industry itself.

Edited by Limestone

My guess is that he himself has a large collection of canal street reps and finding "c" list celebs wearing obvious fakes makes him feel "better" about his canal street purchases.

Or it could be that he started with fakes (knowing so much about them), then got a gen and started to bash others?

But on some level I get it, if you´r dumb enough to put out pictures where you claim to be rich and cool.. but showing a rep... -"right back at ya"

In real life, those who know the tells of a rep are those who own reps, so I wont be surprised if this dude actually owns some low-level reps himself.

As to why he is calling out his fellow rep collectors, it could be a case of self-loathing and hatred being projected onto others in the same hobby.

I agree with limestone though: If you own a rep, make it your own business and not show it off to the world. Its very bad taste to do so.

He probably got molested as a child by a priest wearing a gold rolex rep. Now he is seeking "vengeance" on all those who wear reps. He probably finds pleasure as well when he touches himself in the shower wearing a canal street rep, that is not water proof. After the watch is filled to the brim with hot steam and water he smashes it with a hammer whilst crying and laughing with an evil tone at the very same time...

• Like 3

He probably got molested as a child by a priest wearing a gold rolex rep. Now he is seeking "vengeance" on all those who wear reps. He probably finds pleasure as well when he touches himself in the shower wearing a canal street rep, that is not water proof. After the watch is filled to the brim with hot steam and water he smashes it with a hammer whilst crying and laughing with an evil tone at the very same time...

great!!! ;-)

"Wow some of you really hate this guy eh? I'm impressed that he's able to spot reps and discern the differences in such great detail." Marsellus compared to the guys around here he is a rank amateur on spotting a Rep. Let's send him Pics one off our best he will not know, things are dissected here to the smallest detail. On the wrist there are more than a few that will fool all , inspect closely in the hand, break out the loop and open case back well your gonna get called.

But on some level I get it, if you´r dumb enough to put out pictures where you claim to be rich and cool.. but showing a rep... -"right back at ya"

Exactly. Don't want to get busted? Don't put your rep on Instagram.

And again it shows how spoiled we are around here with our Super Ultimate 1:1s. There's stuff on there that this forum wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole.

• Like 2

:lol: that was awesome!

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

Just some stupid bloke who hasn´t got anything better to do with his time than to humble others bragging about his "knowledge". Is even able to call out gens too because a crown which isn´t screwed in might just have been forgotten.

Beware of these people. From his tone he hates gen-owners too...they just have too much money to burn, can´t be helped.

Sorry guys, but this guy does not or did not ever own a fake watch. He's just as passionate about real watches as you and me are. He happens to own quite a few high-end watches and he's a passionate watch collector. It's really none of my business to "defend" Fakewatchbusta, but after all the comments here I find it appropriate to share my knowledge about him and his account.

I can see that some of you thinks he's good at spotting fakes because he knows so much about fake watches. Did it ever occur to you that he's good at this because he knows so much about the real thing? Most of us have seen pictures of near perfect fakes, but I'm almost certain that Facewatchbusta is able to spot a difference on each and every one of them - without removing the back lid and look at the movement. There is no thing as a 100% perfect fake. This you will see if you visit some of the Fake Watch Forums. Yes, they even have their own forums!! Just look at the AP RO Chrono in one of his latest posts. It's pretty darn good, but there are small differences. Differences big enough though - for a true WIS and watch aficionado as Fakewatchbuster to reveal.

Fake watches are for fake people, and the fake-watch industri together with all other manufacturers of fake/replica clothing, cellphones, computers, cameras etc is supporting criminal activities all over the world. Child work, drugs, organized crime - you name it.

BTW, this is Fakewatchbusta's 3rd or 4th account on IG. This time he doesn't tag the fake peoples names (nicks), as his previous accounts have been deleted due to this.

Edited by Minuteman

I'm sorry - or actually I'm not.

Yes I did make an account to post in this thread, but I didn't realize this was a forum for fake watches before your comment. I did not copy/paste anything, but if I did it would be just in the line of the copying you [censored] are dealing with in here.

Adios to you [sencored] people!

Edited by Minuteman

I have to admit that I'm an ignorant regarding fake watches. Of what I'm actually proud. The fake industri is all about illegality and criminal activies.

Good luck supporting those criminals.

Cry me a river. If you don't like it here, we have a logout button which is very gen.

Good luck touching yourself. Is that why you call yourself Minuteman? Or should I say One-Minuteman? ;)

I'm fairly new to this forum, IMO I have bought several replica watches. I purchased these because while I have the means to purchase genuine versions I have been collecting watches for several years and have several thousand dollars into my current collection, and the one thing that I have learned is watches tend to go in and out of a collection quickly. Because of the aforementioned reason and losing some times hundreds reselling or trading buying reps is a great way to "test drive" a piece before buying a used Gen for several thousand and losing hundreds when you realize it's just not for you. My other issue is that the replicas I own I will never purchase the real version so none of those companies would have gained my money anyway. As far as child labor is concerned do your research because I'm willing to bet you own something that was made in China or India by children. Anyone who owns an iPhone and researchs Foxconn is a perfect example. I belong to several online watch groups and have posted my replicas but with a clear understanding that they are replicas, if you pose replicas as real to make yourself out to be something other than what you are than you deserve to be called out.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cry me a river. If you don't like it here, we have a logout button which is very gen.

Good luck touching yourself. Is that why you call yourself Minuteman? Or should I say One-Minuteman? ;)

Do yourself a favour and find out what a Minuteman is. Then you can make up your mind wether the nick is appropriate or not.

Thank you for tipping me about the logout button :notworthy:

In real life, those who know the tells of a rep are those who own reps, so I wont be surprised if this dude actually owns some low-level reps himself.

As to why he is calling out his fellow rep collectors, it could be a case of self-loathing and hatred being projected onto others in the same hobby.

Well I'm in 'real life'. And personally I dislike all forms of replica watches and never owned one and never will. Still I don't dislike their owners. Everybody is entitled to his own taste. As I'm a collector of 'original' watches and replica's are becoming harder to recognize I do follow this market.

As there is a lot of useful information shared on fora like these. 

About this Fakebuster,..... well if he thinks it makes him feel better to belittle others. Let him. Personally I don't care if somebody tries to pull of a replica as a genuine piece. In the end they know it themselves. 

Edited by Bidle

Well I'm in 'real life'. And personally I dislike all forms of replica watches and never owned one and never will. Still I don't dislike their owners. Everybody is entitled to his own taste. As I'm a collector of 'original' watches and replica's are becoming harder to recognize I do follow this market.

As there is a lot of useful information shared on fora like these. 

Thank you, and I respect your opinion. At least you are able to separate the watches from the people who own or collect them. 

You are correct, this is a good forum to share information, and I assure you that the people here do not have any less class than the genuine watch collectors.

I know, because I do own a few high end gens, and I am on other gen watch forums as well. ;)