When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eta 2824-2 help needed

Erict719

A few questions

Best if you guys can do a picture instructions

Thanks!!

1) where exectly the stem release button is

Which position should I use when remove stem

Do I press the button on reinstall

2) where is the dial feet lock, how to open or close

3) I plan to turn the dial a bit to align the date,

Should I do it when the feet lock is tight or open

The stem release button is in a slot right by where the stem goes into the movement. I typically like to have the stem in the out/hacked position when I pull it, because this sends the yoke and castle wheel all the way towards the center of the movement and I feel it's less likely to get screwed up on insertion this way (the castle wheel can't get pushed out from under the yoke because it's all the way at the end of its travel) but others have different preferences.

(For 7750s, btw, I always remove the stem from the wind position--different watches are different)

The dial feet locks are right by... the dial feet... and you pull them to open. They look like little hooks, and they swing outward. It's obvious when you see it.

You can't rotate the dial to align the date, the date orientation is set by the feet.

Thanks for detail help

Some member mention turn the dial clockwise so the feet bent a bit to match date to be center.

Since my date now is basically not straight. Ex. 20, the 0 is lower then 2.

Do I turn the dial with the feet tight locked, or open?

Edited by Erict719

It won't turn enough to align it. Be sure you stem is pulled all the way out to remove it. Press the button that holds the stem very very little. Add a slight pull on the crown when you depress the button. A very slight outward pull. No you do not press the button when installing the stem. Push in gently and rotate back and forth a little. You will need to remove your date wheel overlay to realign it in the window.

One more time....do not bend the dial feet. Depending on your watch, you likely have a date wheel overlay DWO. It's a printed sheet of dates that is stuck to the original date wheel to move the dates to a new position. If this slips or is misaligned to begin with, the dates will be off. Start with checking to see if you have one and if so, realign it.

No you do not press the button when installing the stem. Push in gently and rotate back and forth a little.

I always press gently onto the button when I insert the stem, I find that easier and I never ever had any problems with that.

I always press gently onto the button when I insert the stem, I find that easier and I never ever had any problems with that.

Me too, but we all have our own preferences, I extract the stem in wind position on the 28XX series.

guys I have tried lol!

successful on remove and reinstall stem.

but unsucess to realign the dial. Because of my lack of knowledge. It is way harder then I thought

Lol!

I think I need to ship it to a modder to realign the Dwo. but most moder in USA don't take risk of me sending the watch from Hk. custom reasons I guess

I have seen this idea of turning the dial to bend the feet.  I think that was something that someone dreamed up.  It tells me that they have never actually done it.  The dial feet go through the entire movement.  Turning the dial could only shear off the feet.

When the stem is in the set position the spring on the bridge is against the yoke and it "kind of" holds everything in place with the stem removed.  A good rule of thumb is, do not handle the movement too much with the stem removed because it is the stem that really holds things together.

I just don't understand how whenever I change new dial I have to realign the Dwo.

That's just [censored] me off. As I have never even touch the Dwo on dial removal

They are only glued on or held by pieces of dial dot. It's easy to misalign the DWO if you aren't careful. It's kind of a shitty way to fix the date problem but until someone makes an ETA date disc with the overlay built into it, that's what we have to put up with.