When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eight Years!

panerai153

Just looked at my profile, today is my Eight year anniversary. Doesn't seem like that long, but a lot of thing's have happened in the rep world in those 8 years!! Reps are better, but more expensive too. Sadly, a lot of the guys that were around here when this forum kicked off way back then have moved on, a few have stayed active, most encouraging is the presence of all the newer members who have come on board and are making great contributions to the Forum.

Happy to have been a participant for the past eight years, and I hope I'm still around in  eight more!!

Hey congratulations mate! Very impressive and great that you've been here that long. Its really interesting to see how far reps have developed. I remember my first el cheapo Tag Heuer Link I bought in Tenerife from the lookie lookie men when I was 14 (14 years ago!). Rusted and corroded like mad after 2 days and I needed up throwing it out of my hotel window haha.

Awesome. You are a great member and have been very gracious with your time and knowledge. Thank you for that. You also have a beautiful collection of time pieces. Thank you for being active here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 years is a lot of time and you must have contributed so much value to this forum. Taking all your posts together would fill some books I am sure :) Great to have members like you on board who share their imense knowledge and are ready to patiently help noobs ;) cheers

I remember the day like it was yesterday, when we opened the floodgates and barraged the old poxy dying site with announcements and links to the new RWG home.  It was March 17th and we brought over around 2,000 members that day if memory serves.

Heh, it literally was "yesterday" eight years ago. 

Happy birthday RWG!  :tu:    (within one standard deviation, allowing for memory lapses!)

Thanks very much guys, I can assure you, I have learned a lot in those years. As nanug said, a whole lot of us were on the old RWG and TRC, and when those sites died, many if us came over here, were made welcome, and the rest is history!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats A! You are an active member who has contributed to the forum growth meaningfully, and have always shared your knowledge humbly.

I remember that you are always polite and cordial, even to relatively newbies like me.

It has been my honor to make your acquaintance sir. You are a member who truly possess class and poise.