When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trouble with long time member RWGbz

Mike on a bike

For those of you who can not go there this was the original post by Serge D strap maker a TD over there and I guy I have met in person at GTG's , a really nice guy but you can tell that by his post.

"Almost all of you who dealt with me know im full of patience and compassion, and very often like to give freebies left and right to close buddies. Our well known member Luthier is/was one of them. Within weeks of knowing him he raised a question of me becoming a TD here, my wife and i were expecting a baby at that time and becoming a TD here influenced that much needed side money coming in.
A few weeks after Luthier/George told me he knows an awesome factory that makes buckles of insane quality and sent me pictures of AP straps they make (pics were taken from AP Bands site as i found out later) so he talked/tricked me into investing a fairly large sum of money, at least to me it was large. It was august/sept of 2012. I ordered a bunch of calf straps, ap straps, custom buckles of all kinds. Promised lead time was 2-3 weeks. Then i got 14-16months of excuses of all kinds, i kept track of all emails and the excuses he was giving me just stopped corresponding one to another. I did receive a couple of calf straps in about a year or so. So my patience popped and i contacted Del, one of my favorite Mods/admins here. Since George/Luth isnt here anymore, i was transferred to RWIs mod to handle the issue. In December 2013 Luth promised to straighten everything out in two months, again silence, and he says he has just paid the factory, just now after almost two years pass. I know Luthier treated a good number of people here with disrespect. This involves RWG Watch Project, and another guy i met in NYC Watch show who almost got screwed by ordering a guitar from luthier.
Point of this thread is to warn everyone who will be dealing with George/Luthier. He cannot be trusted, and even though RWG popped my cherry for watch addiction and strap-making, i wont be buying any of the two RWG watches that were reserved for me. I strongly encourage you to weigh things before dealing with this member, you are on your own as i know this man can talk sweet for a long time. I gave him more due diligence than needed.

Thank you for reading, and please don't judge me for pouring this out in public as i got approval/encouragement from a number of mods including Greg."

In fairness if Luthier should respond I will post here also. At this time there are 105 post in this thread no need to guess on which way the guys are going on this.

Guys I post this because a lot of you are multi forum guys and this is big news as Luth was a very well known guy , a matter of fact he is/was in charge of making the RWG watch. As our affair with MD2020 was known through out the boards this will hit them all also.

The verdict of course is not in resolution is still possible and desirable, but it is better to be informed than not.

I had some correspondence with him regarding the RWG watch, I signed up for one, and then never heard back. I sent him a PM asking about the watch, and he told me that one of the dealers was handling it, can't remember which one. At any rate the dealer was supposed to contact everyone on the list when the watches were ready, never heard a thing back, and basically forgot about the whole deal. I suppose it never happened? Sort if reminded me about the old TRC watch that turned into a debacle!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its a sad state of affairs, and the way Luthier left RWG.bz like a kid throwing toys our the pram didn't ever make sense to me, but now hearing this, things are starting to make some kind of sense.

I really don't have anything to add.... wait, I just added something.... argh.

Why does this remind me of the line from the Blues Brothers movie?

"What kind of music do you have here, ma'am?"

"Why honey we got both kinds, country AND western  tocattas AND fugues!"

:tu:

• Like 1

Surprised ? No. There's a huge thread I posted some time ago on RWI where he screwed a guy on a guitar forum. I'll have to find it. George is a [censored] and I would gladly remind him of that. Maybe he has been running low on cash with all that shoe polish he puts on his head.

Surprised ? No. There's a huge thread I posted some time ago on RWI where he screwed a guy on a guitar forum. I'll have to find it. George is a bitch and I would gladly remind him of that. Maybe he has been running low on cash with all that shoe polish he puts on his head.

Oh so he sells guitars too? Maybe those were air guitars. :lol: 

"Its a sad state of affairs, and the way Luthier left RWG.bz like a kid throwing toys our the pram didn't ever make sense to me, but now hearing this, things are starting to make some kind of sense." steel yes, there was not enough cause for what he did but now.........

Well this is terrible. I frequent RWI and he's always on there, very rude to newbs, just nasty.

He even had a thread there showing many photos of CNY in Los Angeles, had a pic of himself in a few shots. He looks mean.

I truly hope the mods at RWI can straighten this out.

Well this is terrible. I frequent RWI and he's always on there, very rude to newbs, just nasty.

He even had a thread there showing many photos of CNY in Los Angeles, had a pic of himself in a few shots. He looks mean.

I truly hope the mods at RWI can straighten this out.

He's a damn mean piano player

post-54953-0-54022400-1395331232_thumb.j

Edited by mzcool