When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UK customs

Guest bigdav13

Guest bigdav13

Listen to MIke Dave if anybody calls you know nothing about it, 

. will probably just get delivered 1 day out of the blue when they get fed up and feel that its not worth it i reckon some light fingers has nicked it :angry2:

I

I hope it aint been nicked !

Guest bigdav13

NOoooooooooooo do not contact customs, one of two things sitting on shelf you will get it eventually. Option 2 they opened up and: A. it's a rep or B. Gen pay tax ,either way you never heard of the watch and know absolutely nothing about it. ;)

Dam it......!advice taken mike thanks

Update - wristshot: This took much longer than thought for all that ice to melt lol... This Abyss 42mm feels great on the wrist, glad to have it and good with the neutral colours:)

IMG_2543.jpg

Hi Bigdav, I wouldn't worry. I have had plenty of different things (watches, sunglasses etc) delivered from China and all came through fine in the end. The only customs charge I have had is a watch from USA thankfully marked as parts for repair so I didn't incur the full import tax for a patek!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be aware of DHL... With watches... Most dealers won't send Rolex or Tag by them....

UK customs is a strange bird... And very much a lottery...

You can have packages opened and just re packed , you can have one rep removed and one rep seized, sometimes they mark package up with a yellow customs examination sticker, other times no sticker but still opened...occasionally they get seized... And if they do believe it or not your name or address is not blacklisted... That's an urban myth...

I had a package 2 weeks ago and one watch was taken a PAM and the LW was sent onto me... I had another 3 packages after that all opened and none seized including a PAM... I then had 2 packages seized... A PAM, 2 Rolex , a JL and an AP.... And after they were seized and letters from border agency received I had 7 packages all come in...all to same name and address...

So it's a lottery however when compared to other countries in EU the risks are much lower

I spoke to a guy who worked for FedEx at uk customs... He explained how packages were checked and sorted.... He also explained what level you have to be as an importer to get an alert against your details... As punters here we are not warranted...

Generally if you are showing as tracking info... As "Awaiting Customs Clearance" or "forwarded for processing" and still in "international hub" but your package is in that state for 5 days (not including weekends) then your package has been set aside for inspection if it's over 7 chances are you will get a letter from border agency... I have had 4 such letters.... Though sometimes you may be lucky if it's after 7 but it's certainly being opened...

It seems they only seize if the brands agent is available on site, they are only there part time so if your package is opened when say the Richemont guy is there then your PAM will be taken.... But if it's the day the Rolex guy is there and not thevRichemont then the Rolex will be seized and the Pam sent on...

I have even learned the names of some of the brand agents after all my experiences....

They all work on the basis that everything from china is fake... But brand agents they tend to focus thier attention in clothing and accessories...and bulky orders like wholesale orders..

• Like 5

Guest bigdav13

Be aware of DHL... With watches... Most dealers won't send Rolex or Tag by them....

UK customs is a strange bird... And very much a lottery...

You can have packages opened and just re packed , you can have one rep removed and one rep seized, sometimes they mark package up with a yellow customs examination sticker, other times no sticker but still opened...occasionally they get seized... And if they do believe it or not your name or address is not blacklisted... That's an urban myth...

I had a package 2 weeks ago and one watch was taken a PAM and the LW was sent onto me... I had another 3 packages after that all opened and none seized including a PAM... I then had 2 packages seized... A PAM, 2 Rolex , a JL and an AP.... And after they were seized and letters from border agency received I had 7 packages all come in...all to same name and address...

So it's a lottery however when compared to other countries in EU the risks are much lower

I spoke to a guy who worked for FedEx at uk customs... He explained how packages were checked and sorted.... He also explained what level you have to be as an importer to get an alert against your details... As punters here we are not warranted...

Generally if you are showing as tracking info... As "Awaiting Customs Clearance" or "forwarded for processing" and still in "international hub" but your package is in that state for 5 days (not including weekends) then your package has been set aside for inspection if it's over 7 chances are you will get a letter from border agency... I have had 4 such letters.... Though sometimes you may be lucky if it's after 7 but it's certainly being opened...

It seems they only seize if the brands agent is available on site, they are only there part time so if your package is opened when say the Richemont guy is there then your PAM will be taken.... But if it's the day the Rolex guy is there and not thevRichemont then the Rolex will be seized and the Pam sent on...

I have even learned the names of some of the brand agents after all my experiences....

They all work on the basis that everything from china is fake... But brand agents they tend to focus thier attention in clothing and accessories...and bulky orders like wholesale orders..

Great post very informative

Update:

Watch was delivered on the 3rd so relived and its amazing

Good news Big man :)

Sorry to hear about yours Darren...

Anyone reading should be aware that some dealers still guarantee the watch to arrive even if it's seized... Ie they will resend another when they see proof...

You should check if it's a concern with the dealer you plan on ordering from..... ( remember though any dealer can get any current model even if it's not on thier site etc)

I think some also guarantee if you use triangle shipping ... Which costs more... And it's a bit daft that with triangle it's come to UK anyway first ... But at least by doing it that way you can guarantee that you will get a watch :)

• Like 1

Good news Big man :)

Sorry to hear about yours Darren...

Anyone reading should be aware that some dealers still guarantee the watch to arrive even if it's seized... Ie they will resend another when they see proof...

You should check if it's a concern with the dealer you plan on ordering from..... ( remember though any dealer can get any current model even if it's not on thier site etc)

I think some also guarantee if you use triangle shipping ... Which costs more... And it's a bit daft that with triangle it's come to UK anyway first ... But at least by doing it that way you can guarantee that you will get a watch :)

Informative as ever Pete, thanks mate. Got two in customs since late last Wednesday night so coming up on the 5 day rule, ex w/ends, sweaty palms time!

Glad you got yours bigdav and tough on you daryn, have a feeling I might be joining you soon.

Informative as ever Pete, thanks mate. Got two in customs since late last Wednesday night so coming up on the 5 day rule, ex w/ends, sweaty palms time!

Glad you got yours bigdav and tough on you daryn, have a feeling I might be joining you soon.

Fingers crossed for you mate. My dealer is gonna reship the tag but asked for that to go hk mail just in case. Also ordered a sole box but that can go ems as doubt customs have even heard of sinn!

Fingers crossed for you mate. My dealer is gonna reship the tag but asked for that to go hk mail just in case. Also ordered a sole box but that can go ems as doubt customs have even heard of sinn!

Cheers daryn, mine's moved out to National Hub today so fingers crossed they'll both arrive but think I'll use HK mail next time too. Hope it works for you this time.