When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first two 1601 frankens.

Odden

Hi!

I am new to this forum and watch building, so please go easy on me ;-)

I have a gen 16220 and have had a few Yatchmasters, but stumbled upon franken building while searching the web for a crystal for my 16220.

It seemed very interesting, so I thought I would give it a go. Never opened anything else than a quartz watch (btw :have a bunch of heuer/ tag heuer divers watches and parts if anybody is into that and want a cheap lot).

I would very much appreciate some tips on where to buy ETAs with tall pinions (h-4/ correct me if I am wrong) rebuild kits for fitting a taller pinion, spacers (even dial feet welding tools) lots of screws and clamps etc..

So here we go:

Hi. I'm pretty new to building/modifying watches, but I am just finishing my first 1601 datejust franken build, and thought I would share my project with you- hoping to get some tips/ providing some pointers from my experience.

I have started another build aswell, and would like to perfect my skills and keep building time pieces with a personal touch :-) this topic will include both projects.

#1:

- genuine 1601 case

- genuine 1601 bezel and acrylic

- genuine Rolex tube and crown

- ETA 2824–2

- genuine blue dial

- Tudor hands

- movement holder raffles time #1 (slightly modified)

- aftermarket leather strap

# 2

- About the same specs but with the pan pie dial

- aftermarket Jubilee bracelet (signed 554)

- refurbished sandoz 2824-2

-----

Just ask me whatever you want, and I will try to help you out if I can. I would gladly share my experiences/provide tips/pictures/explanations if it could be of any help to others doing similar projects.