When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HE Valve Problem-Seamaster Plante Ocean

cjroden

I have an Omega Planet Ocean and managed to lose the HE valve,I kindly had one sent across to me but the threads are the same,could anyone advise whether the thread on the actual watch is removable,can anyone help me?,taken it to a watch repair who says he can't get the thread out?,I've contacted Josh who says to glue it but still have the thread problem,thankyou

u4uzuda7.jpgguvega7e.jpgsa8yqetu.jpg

Chris

Chris

Can't believe I missed the T off planet!

Chris

Take a really close look at the piece in your hand, the crown with the protruding male thread. Is there any chance those are actually two pieces screwed together? Can the cap come off that threaded piece? If so then maybe the resulting solo crown will screw onto your case.

If you have the tools, you can file off the stem of the HE valve, or file down the threads so it slips into the opening and then glue it.

Not ideal, but it will work. Good luck.

That tube wasn't made on the case. It either screws into the case or is pressed in. If it's pressed in, it can be pressed out from the inside. Either way, it's got to come out one way or the other. It it was mine, I'd open the case, take out the movement and look. If you don't see anything from the inside, it's almost surely screwed into the case. Get an Easy-Out or a tube removal tool  and unscrew it.

TI_Info_01-12.gif