When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DuDro

From browsing various forums and ebay, it appears that the value of a genuine Tropic 127 is kind of across the board ... :g:

I'd like to get some feedback from the fellow, vintage Rollie fans here on why you think this is the case ...

Of course I am referring to new-old-stock plexi crystals ... Your comments would be appreciated ...

Imho...

If it is for a genuine watch it may be worth paying $$ for one.

If it is for a replica I would find an aftmkt crystal that fits and buy a couple spares while I was at it.

Why?

A genuine crystal will fit a genuine watch with genuine bezel assembly every time.

A genuine crystal will fit a replica watch/bezel combo sometimes. After it is mounted and removed it is no longer new and the value plummets. 

The paper or plastic quandary...

I used all my genuine 127 in sealed plastic bags and the only 127 I have left is in an open top paper rlx envelope and I can not prove it is genuine so I am stuck with it unless I need it for a genuine watch.

I would guess many 'genuine' rlx crystals in paper envelopes on eBay etc are not genuine so be careful. I know mine is genuine but can not prove it.