When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New GMT IIc on puretime experts chime in

gmtlover

Hi guys,

Anyone of you already seen the new GMT on pure time?

http://puretime-asia.com/product/gmt-master-ii-116710-ln-black-ceramic-11-noob-best-edition-a2836/

post-41219-0-32431700-1396388402_thumb.p

What are your thoughts?

I don't know if it has a gen construction bezel assembly like the BP but I like the bold numbers on the insert.

Better looking then the BP imo.

But gen construction would make this watch a decent one i guess.

There are two long threads discussing this new edition over on both RWI and RG at the moment.  This new edition has a flaw on the dial where the GMT Master II text is a rectangle instead of having tails on the numbers to make true Roman Numerals.  Someone posted up a pic of a gen dial for sale that apparently also has this misprint, to show that such a flaw indeed could exist out in the wild for a gen.

• Like 1

The bezel insert is still not right. The numbers are too thin. Also, they have not been able to duplicate the platinum coating on the numbers. They are getting better, but not there yet

Here is mine with a gen bezel/ insert

7emase2a.jpg

Not just how deep the numbers are, but the width of the numbers, that photo above is a great comparison. if you could lift the "18" off the rep dial, it would fit inside the "18" of the genuine. Just no comparison.

Here is a better photo of the gen insert on the watch.

I didn't realize how much off the GMT was until I added the genuine bezel/insert, dial and crystal. I know that the ICHS drives lots of folks away, but only during that brief period when the hour hand is over the GMT hand is that a "tell", the others are all the time! ;) BTW the photo in my post above was taken before the dial was changed to genuine.

post-327-0-85338000-1397245093_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That comparison of the inserts really shows the difference.  I still like it though.  I think I am going to hold out for the Pepsi insert though.  You know that will be coming soon.  Add a gen ceramic Pepsi insert, dial, crystal and red GMT hand and I am sold.....

Not just how deep the numbers are, but the width of the numbers, that photo above is a great comparison. if you could lift the "18" off the rep dial, it would fit inside the "18" of the genuine. Just no comparison.

Pan, curious how much was the gen insert?  Do you think we will see the new gen Pepsi inserts in the future?

Pan, curious how much was the gen insert? Do you think we will see the new gen Pepsi inserts in the future?

New gen inserts can be bought on the bay and TRF for $300-$800. Price depends on whether you buy just the insert or entire bezel assembly.

It's also my understanding that the new Pepsi inserts are not compatible with the existing gen SS watches. There are a few threads discussing this on TRF. Something todo with the difference in bezel dimensions.

CEO, thanks for that. Dang...still gotta believe noob will put out a rep Pepsi. Guess I will have to wait and see how it looks. Or hope that a Franken GMT Pepsi that I like shows up for sale. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't realize how much off the GMT was until I added the genuine bezel/insert, dial and crystal. I know that the ICHS drives lots of folks away, but only during that brief period when the hour hand is over the GMT hand is that a "tell", the others are all the time! ;) BTW the photo in my post above was taken before the dial was changed to genuine.

attachicon.gifDSCF1028a.jpg[/quote

what case is this the new noob case is way better than this wrong cg,the dwo is bad wrong font on this

This watch started out a year or so back, so it's the BP version. AFA the DW and CG's I'm sure that they could be Tweaked, but this one is plenty close enough for me. At some point, you have to just say, "it's good enough" if you don't or can't then you will never get to wear your watches, because they will always be in some stage of disassembly trying to raise the bar that .0001%.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1